Question for the Ableton gurus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Question for the Ableton gurus

Hey guys so I'm hitting a wall with this edit/mashup track i'm working on, because the song that I'm editing has tempo shifts throughout the entire track.

What I want to do is to maintain the tempo changes in the main track but need a way to apply those tempo shifts to the additional tracks that I will be mixing the main track with. I hope that makes sense.

So is there a way in ableton for me to track or copy the tempo changes in a song and apply those same changes to other audio files? thanks.

not entirely sure, but maybe....groove...extraction....eh? idk sorry =(

Tech Guru

yeahhhh..

like i know you can warp a track with tempo variations to a set/static bpm....but i guess what i want to do is make such a track's bpm control ableton's bpm.

You just need to keep you timing through the tempo shift.

Say the tempo changes after a small break down. Most likely the tempo shift occurred while there were no beats. So treat the beginning of the breakdown as say the beginning of the song. Figure out how many bars are at the beginning of the breakdown to the first downbeat and just ensure the beginning of a bar starts there. There may be some kind of indication sound that you can do timing to during the breakdown but may not always be the case. And for a tempo that speeds up the opposite to this would be the course.

In Live8 the new way of warping is really a godsend for scenarios such as this because essentially all you will be doing is a groove shift.

It will take you a bit get the hang of it and quite allot of cursing!

but good luck and happy warping
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

You can set a track to be the tempo master, read da manual on that

Banned

OR, and I know this might sound a bit crazy, how about we stopping making mashups altogether and focus on making original music?

Just a thought

Mash-ups ARE original music, sorry to burst your bubble there Nephew.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Yeah, Nephew, didn't you watch "Rip! A Remix Manifesto " ? hahah

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    OR, and I know this might sound a bit crazy, how about we stopping making mashups altogether and focus on making original music?

Just a thought

OR, and i know this might sound a bit crazy, how about we stick to the topic or gtfo the thread. just a thought.

any dj worth their salt will eventually produce edits/mashups/bootlegs to set their mixes apart from everyone else. whether or not i produce/compose music in addition to djing is completely besides the point.

Banned

OR, maybe you should fuck off already and learn how to use a simple program like Ableton already, especially for something as simple as making your unoriginal mashup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast