I'm such a windows fanboy that...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm such a windows fanboy that...

I've just upgraded my phone from a POS tocco to a HTC HD mini

link

spec not as good as the HD2 (processor and ram are smaller) but it'll do

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

you realize windows 7 phones hit in less than 3 months right?
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

you both realize the new iPhone is out in less than 1 month right?

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    you realize windows 7 phones hit in less than 3 months right?
    yeah i know, but i blagged an early upgrade and even windows 5 phone would be better than my 'shitslung taco' atm.

biggest annoyance though is if voda still stocked the hd2, that apparently would be eligible for a free upgrade, not going to hold breath on hd mini having the same as the processor is half size and ram is a bit smaller

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    you both realize the new iPhone is out in less than 1 month right?
    i do realize that, which is why i didnt get a droid incredible lol
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Ive just bagged myself a htc desire for free on an 18month £25 contract. If i had wanted the iphone i would have prob had to pay £15 a month more on a 24mth contract and then still have to pay a stupid amount for the phone!

Iphones although maybe good arent worth the money to me! Especially when i hate touch screen but appears to be the way all newer phones are going Thought i'd ease myself in with out to much outlay.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I didn't like the iPhone touch screen at first, but love it now (unless I'm wearing gloves)

Back on topic:
    I've been reading that the new Windows 7 blows all the old stuff away.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

having decided to do some proper digging about now (not really followed the windows phone thing properly, but have said for ages next one will be) i've found some of the specs apparently required...
    Screen size; 480x800 or 480x320 pixels - mini has 480x320
    Memory; 256MB - mini has 384 MB RAM and 512 MB ROM
    Camera (?) - 5mp - again check!
    Processor needs to be a ARMv7 Cortex/Scorpion, both the HD2 and HD mini run qualcomm, so i think this can be got away with as the hd2 will get free upgrade, but it is 1ghz, not 528mhz...
    either way if an upgrade is purchasable i think i'll chance it, if my wifes netbook can take the jump from xp to 7 home premium with no issues, this might be possible as well...

edit; the more i look at wm7 the more impressed i am with it, BUT it feels a bit too much like the 360 interface on some of vodafones handsets, and i wasn't too impressed with that, being geared heavily toward multiple facebook/twitter/etc status updates and making the whole 'social network' thing more easy. that's not so much what i'm after.

when you think about it, we just need cyber brains with an external memory bit to replace the use of fb/twitter/etc to share stuff with people and it'll be like real life ghost in the shell... almost... but that would be cool. unless windows crashes my brain
    Last edited by BradCee; 05-19-2010 at 06:40 AM.

SoundCloud

symbian rules all phoneOS's, that is all
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

I've been an Apple fanboy for ages, but I'm not into iPhones at all. In aerospace we use them to test system integrity as they are one of the worst known sources of interference!! Even in "airplane" mode they can break squelch on aerospace radios. We have a reported case of a pilot having a passenger removed prior to departure because they refused to completely shut down their iPhone.

Personally, I use a cheap Nokia (great reception and sound quality) and an iPod touch for music and apps. If anything happens to the phone, meh, who cares. Just replace it. Modular, baby!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast