Compatibility between software/grids?

Default Compatibility between software/grids?

So been thinking about a few different things, and this is my question:

Is rekordbox compatible with any other software?

I'm just thinking ahead right now. I know I'm most interested in SSL as a DVS solution, and I know you can send your settings from Serato TO Traktor, but not the other way around.

I'm thinking about picking up CDJ's with the ability to use rekordbox. I know it's new technology, and is available for free download.

I'm planning on learning on CDJ's with manual beat-matching, but I want the ability to be there in the future for going to a DVS and having a few extra's on board.

So I'm trying to think ahead. I can start analyzing and organizing my music with the Rekordbox software now if I want to, but I don't know if it's something I can translate into SSL or Traktor later if I decide to also go with a DVS.

It would make sense to me that they'd be able to share information somehow so you wouldn't have to go through and prep your tracks a million different times. But I'm not sure if it works that way in the proprietary industry.

So. Thoughts / Opinions?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

there really needs to be a universal gridding system standard that all companies adhere to imho

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Agreed.

Still haven't been able fully to answer this about rekordbox... but my gut is still saying "probably not".

I guess, unlike Serato, the data is stored in the program. Serato changes the Mp3 headers somehow to store the data. I know Ableton/Torq make an additional file. I don't know what Traktor does to store the data really.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter