Recording with NI Audio 4??
    Tech Mentor

Default Recording with NI Audio 4??

Hey everyone whats going on ?? i had a question about recording with the NI Audio 4 interface ??? I purchase Traktor Scratch Duo which i was amazed with. Then i upgraded the software to Traktor Scratch Pro which made me speechless lol. I am running 2 denon S3500s with a basic denon mixer. My question is if i purchase lets say a Vestax VCI-100 is it possible to record with the Audio 4 interface ??? if not is there anyway i can record with my setup. Thanks

if your mixer has a rec out you can use that into your computers built in soundcard, then run audacity and record with that

Tech Mentor

i have a Denon DN-X 120 i don't think i have it

you can record off of any output on your mixer. From the looks of it the dnx-120 only has balanced and unbalanced outputs. I'm not sure if you can use those at the same time but I'm guess not. You'll probably have to use some kind of splitter to split the master output RCA so that you can run it to your monitors and into your computer.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Tech Mentor

oo yea where can i get a splitter like that ??? and is there any other way you can explain the setup to me with a little bit more details thanks soo much

ok let's say you have RCA outs on your mixer. split that, one goes to speaker source, the other goes to laptop. you'll probably need to convert the rca's to 1/8 inch, then put that into the line-in/mic slot on your laptop. download audacity (if you're using windows) and set your recording source as line-in/mic, and voila

and radio shack will have all the splitters/converters you need

Tech Mentor

Would it definitely work? Thanks everyone