Help me spend $1,000! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Really? Guitar Center lied to me then O.o. Thanks for saving me some cash then!

I think I'll just grab myself an audio 2 dj and just use my Numark Battle Pack for fun and beat matching practice ^.^

check out the denon dn-x1600, this piece of kit is amazing as this mixer is full midi and dvs ready without no need for sound card. slap an apc-20 with this and get your time coded vinyls and the possibilities are endless

Quote Originally Posted by tgunn897 View Post
    check out the denon dn-x1600, this piece of kit is amazing as this mixer is full midi and dvs ready without no need for sound card. slap an apc-20 with this and get your time coded vinyls and the possibilities are endless
    That's cool, but I would rather just buy a VCI-100se and traktor scratch pro for $1,000 bucks O.o

Tech Mentor

I like option 2 out of what you have listed. Keep in mind that your turntables aren't the best, and if you're serious about using tts you should invest in a pair of techs.

Now if it were me personally...

vci-100
    midi fighter
    korg nanokontrol
    presonus firebox (although I'd happily settle for an audio 2)

why? vci-100 because it's built like a tank, has decent jogwheels, and endless possibilities. midi fighter for cue point juggles, and the nanokontrol for fx control. but that's my own style, and I've already got most of this up and running anyway so I'm a bit biased. Ultimately you gotta figure out what you want and go for it, and whatever you do don't let the money be a factor - if you know what you WANT, go get it, it's better than buying shoddy stuff that'll just end up in the corner when you finally replace it with what you should have gotten in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    I like option 2 out of what you have listed. Keep in mind that your turntables aren't the best, and if you're serious about using tts you should invest in a pair of techs.

Now if it were me personally...

vci-100
    midi fighter
    korg nanokontrol
    presonus firebox (although I'd happily settle for an audio 2)

why? vci-100 because it's built like a tank, has decent jogwheels, and endless possibilities. midi fighter for cue point juggles, and the nanokontrol for fx control. but that's my own style, and I've already got most of this up and running anyway so I'm a bit biased. Ultimately you gotta figure out what you want and go for it, and whatever you do don't let the money be a factor - if you know what you WANT, go get it, it's better than buying shoddy stuff that'll just end up in the corner when you finally replace it with what you should have gotten in the first place.
    What are you running VCI wise? SE, Arcade, or just the standard? I also would like to ask if it's even worth it to get the arcade... O.o

Tech Mentor

standard vci-100, used the firmware kit to upgrade to v 1.3 firmware. tried using the djtt mappings, bought the overlays and everything but ended up just mapping it in a way that makes sense to my drunk mind at 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    standard vci-100, used the firmware kit to upgrade to v 1.3 firmware. tried using the djtt mappings, bought the overlays and everything but ended up just mapping it in a way that makes sense to my drunk mind at 3 am.
    Well... I guess I should get the VCI-100SE and use the Ean Golden mapping since I don't drink (I have a very addictive personality) O.o

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12