first club gig tonight: advice? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    The headphone thing is weird, though. It could be where the speakers were pointed. I've found that if subs are on the floor pointed at the stage, and the stage is raised up a few feet, the bass can become overwhelming. My headphones, Sennheiser HD25-1's, sit on your ear instead of around and cut out a lot of sound. When I was using the Stanton DJ-3000's I had a similar problem you're having. But another option is to use a stage monitor pointed directly at you as a reference, instead of just the headphones. You'll have less of a delay, it's just one more thing you need to take with you :-)
    Exactly the case here, a raised stage, one sub right in front, pointing away, and one sub at the other end of the dancefloor, pointing at the stage. One of the DJs that night said he had trouble hearing too, and another one said we needed monitors! So maybe it wasn't just me

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, just keep in mind that it is something that's really hard to correct. The acoustics of the room are going to always send the bass at you, whether or not you have a monitor on stage. But the monitor might allow you to not need to blast the headphone volume, which is always beneficial.

You can try moving the DJ set up around the stage, more toward the back, perhaps, to see if you can find a sweet spot where the bass doesn't resonate as much.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123