VCI-100 - jog wheel sensitivity - Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 - jog wheel sensitivity - Traktor Pro

Hello,

My VCI-100 booklet says the jog wheels are "Touch 1/ENC1, Touch 2/ENC 2" and the faders "VR 1, 2, 3". Assume I need to look for those in the mapping to amend. Bit confusing - really need a detailed manual other than this vague booklet which came with the VC1-100.

In Traktor LE edition the wheels are at (for me) a perfect setting, yet I cannot set up on Pro. Any suggestions appreciated.

Tech Guru

have you tried the two sensitivity adjusters on the back of he mixer. They say min/max. I can usually fix and touch sensitive issues with these.

Tech Convert

Hi thanks for the fast reply. Yes, have used those - but not as tight as when in LE - must be able to adjust in setting also. Is there an online pdf which details how to adjust all the settings as desired Traktor to VSI-100? Seems very complicated.

If haze324 suggestion does not work, I'm not sure I understand what you are having trouble with.

Touch sensitivity is adjusted on the back of the unit, but I think you mean something else. Is a way the jogs interact in Traktor? The speed you can scrub? What are trying to accomplish?

Also, we need to know a little about your set-up (computer, OS, soundcard, USB hubs, Traktor version, VCI-100 firmware), this will help us pin-pont a direction for your solution.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

Hello, I'm operating on a Mac Pro http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB

Erm, no idea what the sound card is sorry. I am using Traktor Scratch Pro.

Have tightened wheels at back and using a Vestax VCI-100 BLACK Limited Edition. http://www.storedj.com.au/products/p...ign=MyShopping

I think(?) that it's firmware 1.2 but not sure. There seems to be a lot of info for VCI-100 SE, but not VCI-100.

The sync function is great, but when I'm mixing from say 131 beats to 136 it's doesn't sync smoothly, and fine tuning is needed from the job wheels - the issue I'm having is that the current settings are not as responsive as in LE.

I have the manual, but it's not too specific on how to program settings in the mapping section.

Thanks.

If I understand your workflow: playing deck A @ 131 bpm, want to mix in deck B which is @ 136 bpm, press SYNC but bpm of B does not change, press PLAY on B and try to beatmatch with jog wheel as Pitch Bend. But you don't like the way the pitch bend reacts, you would like it to feel more like it did with the default mapping for LE. Are you using the DJTT mapping in Pro?

Did I understand correctly?

The first issue is why the SYNC did not work, this is most likely due to the beatgrid on either (or both) of the tracks. The beatgrid set by Traktor during Analysis is only about 60% accurate. That does not mean that it is 100% on 60% of the songs, that means as an average it is 60% accurate in EVERY song. It is VERY commen to have to nudge the grid and almost as common to have to set the beatgrid manually, especially if you listen to genres like DnB or Dubstep. Traktor is "best" with beatgrids in genres like House where the beat is a steady, solid 4-on-the-floor. Look up Ean's tutorials on beatgridding in Traktor, they are a great starting point.

As for the Pitch Bend sensitivity, you can adjust this within the mapping in Traktor. In Preferences, select Controller Mapping from the left column, then choose the VCI from the Device drop down menu. The VCI mapping is now visible in the list. If you click on the Control column it will put everything in it in alphabetical order. Scroll down to "Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend", and click on the first one. You will see at the lower end of the Preferences window Rotary Sensitivity and Rotary Acceleration, these are the two values you need to change to affect how the jog reacts to your command. I suggest you get a pen an paper and write down what the initial setting is, then make an adjustment, try it and see if its better or worse and write every change noting if it is better or worse, then you shouldn't get lost (or if you do you can go back and start again). Remember you have to change ALL 4 of the "Jog Scratch + Tempo Bend" that you see, each one is for a different deck and they should all be the same or it will be REALLY weird to play!!

That is a short description, let us know if this helped, and if not just say what you don't get and we'll try our best to get you on the right course.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

Fantastic! Thanks so much! Also meant to add *woke up thinking of mixing and music, as you do* it seems the number of jog wheel rotations I make on to move within a track is less on LE, therefore I felt, more accurate - assume that is still adjusted at the back?

Have a good day, really appreciate the help. Onwards and upwards.

Damian.

hi there!

I was trying to scratch a little bit on my vci and I noticed that something's wrong with jog wheels. If I spin it and after it stops the deck is still scrubbing...

As far as I understood I gotta play with "Rotary Sensitivity and Rotary Acceleration" and with 2 knobs "Touch sensor level" on the back of my device.

Is there any predefined settings to make vci act like a timecode vinyl?

Thanks in advance!

also want to ask if such behavior is normal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY1AbzxAs-U

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you increase the sensitivity to max the VCI will think the jog is being pressed. That's why you'r phase meter acts like that. If you want the VCI to be more like time code vinyl you'll need to upgrade to the 1.4 firmware and then use the 3.6.4 mapping. Even then though it's not a great item to use for scratching.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast