Mixer needed for rig? suggestions please...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mixer needed for rig? suggestions please...

Hi guys.. I'm about a year and a half into the digital DJ world... I just bought an Audio 8 and don't know if its what I need.. I have my Macbook pro running Traktor pro, and I use a vestax vci 100 se arcade... I currently have two highs and one subwoofer (all powered)... I do not currently have a mixer since I use the vci as internal mixer...

my issue is that I'm not sure if the audio 8 is what I need... I wanted to run my highs as stereo outs channels 1/2 and the sub as a mono signal possibly out of 3/4.. I have my headphones on 7/8 (as the NI tech support adviced) but I can't figure out how to get the mic to work through my master out .... I actually was about to return the Audio 8, but I've been told that its so great for many type set ups... should I keep it?

I'm thinking that I need an external tabletop mixer... but i'm not sure about this...

Thank you in advance... greatly appreciate your feedback...
    Last edited by DJmV; 05-26-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Tech Convert

Anyone out there?

Tech Wizard

Are you able to chain your sub to one of your speakers?

What you most likely need is some kind of direct input box.
    Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.4 Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram - Audio 8, Torq Xponent, DJM-800

Tech Convert

Hey George, yeah... before I got the Audio 8 I used to run the speakers in line "mono", but then I added another speaker and got the audio 8... I could still chain all the speakers and run mono again.. but I wanted to take advantage of a stero sound (right and left).. and then I ran into the issue of not being able to get the mic sound out of my master.. I did read all the manuals and went online to see how others are setting up the audio 8 but can't figure out why no sound from the mic... the audio 8 is showing L.E.D signal but nothing out the speakers... I was hoping it was a settings thing....

that's why I'm leaning towards a mixer now... I was hoping to find someone with a similar set up to help me out here....

Tech Convert

I'm returning this Audio 8... I thought this was supposed to be a great piece.. but reading off the NI forums there's a lot of people that have issues with these... Going shopping..

Tech Wizard

You want to hook up speakers, you don't need a sound card, you need an amplifier...
    Macbook Pro, VCI-100 FW 1.3, Traktor Pro, Audio 2 DJ

It's all about the house music, and it always will be.

Tech Convert

Well.. all my speakers are 'powered' so I don't need an amp... I just need to the signals out in proper channels...

I see you have the a2dj.. so you're running your speakers mono? how do you mic up? or are you not setting up a mic on your rig?

Is the Audio capable of running a speaker system like yours without a mixer...is the question i think.

my answer...is no....but i don;t have the 8....only the 4.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

cool, agreed.. I'm thinkin of going with something like a Numark M6... thoughts?
    Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro, vci 100 se arcade, Audio 4 DJ, Mackie 402-VLZ3

Tech Convert

Problem solved! :-) until the next expansion of gear..
    Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro, vci 100 se arcade, Audio 4 DJ, Mackie 402-VLZ3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast