[share] FX Ableton Live
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [share] FX Ableton Live

Hey guys

i have been trying to get some similar FX that ean golden showed us in his videos working in ableton live

you can download my work so far here http://www.box.net/shared/qjuogln9r3

it covers basically the first FX tutorials that ean showed us (quite some years ago )

in this package you will find various effect racks, some less, some more useful (cant remember which ones i finished so far hehe )

if you have any suggestions on how to improve them or questions plz post them here
    big thanks to ean golden, tarekith and some other users that inspired me

if i get the ok from s4racen i will try to deal with the bit more complicated to create FX (basically from fader fx theory onwards)

cheers

EDIT: updated to v2
    EDIT2: updated to v3
    Last edited by Negotiator; 05-24-2010 at 04:55 AM.

not workin for me mate :s
    does it make a difference im on a mac?

hmm are you on live 8.1.1 or later?

running 8.1
    just tried again and didn't work
    don't worry bout it hopefully someone can get it working, it is a great idea

I'll look at it, but if it doesn't work on 8.1, I won't be able to use it.

One hint…you might want to put the things in a folder before you compress them…not all of the decompression programs do that for you and it was annoying to find the files in my download folder…there are a lot of adg files people have shared in there.

Still, props for sharing.

saved it with version 8.0.1, check it out if it works now

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    if i get the ok from s4racen i will try to deal with the bit more complicated to create FX (basically from fader fx theory onwards)

cheers

EDIT: updated to v2
    EDIT2: updated to v3
    Ok by me mate!!

Cheers
    D

wuhu , all hail s4racen

although im now seriously thinking of doing it the native way, as many users dont have max for live

if its not too much work, i ll emulate the "smartknob" functionality with 100s of chains

EDIT:
    btw if you ever watched eans video about "superfader" you can achieve this very effect in ableton also

put 2 decks(tracks) inside ableton and route deck A to the deck A crossfader output, whereas deck B to the deck B crossfader section

put any FX, that contains "fade" in its name, on deck a and deck b

now map your crossfader from your midi control surface to the crossfader in live (to preserve the original functionality) and map the crossfader also the the amount knob on BOTH "fade" devices
    note that you have to map 1 of these 2 knobs inversely so that when turning 1 knop up, the other knob goes down

now just map another button to the device on buttons of the 2 devices so you can switch between "super fader mode" on or off
    Last edited by Negotiator; 05-24-2010 at 06:59 AM.

Trying to use them in 8.1 on os x 10.6.3 throws file errors. After that, they show up in the browser, but you can't drag them in anywhere.

mostapha could you clarify which program shows file errors? are you able to extract them at all? after extraction are the files bigger than 0KB?

hmm s4racen could you plz just resave them on your machine? perhaps that solves the problems for our mac users

EDIT: oh nvm, i thought he said it worked on his machine
    EDIT2: looks like my library is broken, will reinstall everything and then repost
    Last edited by Negotiator; 05-24-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast