problem loading the new mapping
    Tech Convert

Default problem loading the new mapping

hi guys,

ive just received my new vci 100se, im having a problem loading the new mapping.

when i load in the file supplied from the djtt mapping section (file no: VCI-100SE3_5_1) its loses the crossfader and channel visual fader knobs. See attached pic!

the crossfader and channels dont work manually on the controller either when this mapping is used.

the effects for slice and echo are not working properly either because iv used this mapping on a friends set up and its def not right.

i have re installed traktor and still the same problem.

any suggestions?

Have you tried updating to the latest version of Traktor? The latest version 1.2.6 (click the NI logo in Traktor to find out what version you have). Use Service Center for updating.

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

yeah, re-installed everything this morning. the latest updates from the service centre.

there is a tsi file in a separate folder called VCI-100SE3_5_1 (GLITCH FIX), should i be using this one instead. i loaded that mapping but the effects are not working properly with that file. its doesn't make the fader knobs disappear though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy2310 View Post
    yeah, re-installed everything this morning. the latest updates from the service centre.

there is a tsi file in a separate folder called VCI-100SE3_5_1 (GLITCH FIX), should i be using this one instead. i loaded that mapping but the effects are not working properly with that file. its doesn't make the fader knobs disappear though.
    If you are on Windows, I believe this is the recommended TSI to use (Windows is not as handy with multiple midi commands).

For the fader issue, make sure that the Mixing Mode (in Output Routing) is set to Internal mode.

Let us know how you get on.

Phil.

It's your output routing mate. Go into Traktors preferences in the file menu, then go to output routing then select the internal mixer. That'll sort it out. As for the effects. Try loading the effects settings twice when importing the tsi. Hope this helps bud.
    DJ - Macbook pro, TSP 1.2.7, 2 x CDJ1000 MkIII, Xone 92, X1, VCI-100 Arcade FW 1.4, NI Audio 8 DJ, Sony MDR-V700
    Production - Dual core PC, M-box 2, KRK RP8, Novation Remote SL 61, Live 8, Reason 4
    Jack & Jill went up the hill to fetch a crate of Techno!

Tech Convert

yeah its set to internal mode, the knobs are visable in this setting.

do you know if in windows the effects for slice and echo sound different than on the mac?
    Apple MacBook A1881, vci-100se, audio dj 2, traktor pro 2, seinhessier HD25's!!
    [/B]

Tech Convert

no sure what i done but its working like it should. pilmat and durt thanks a million!!!
    Apple MacBook A1881, vci-100se, audio dj 2, traktor pro 2, seinhessier HD25's!!
    [/B]

As durt_weisel mentioned, you need to start Traktor a couple of times before the effects are "stable". As the TSI is quite long, it seems to take Traktor a couple of loads to get it all right.

Glad its all working now, enjoy!

Phil.