Midifighter/ Torq
    Tech Wizard

Default Midifighter/ Torq

I am a total noob and I have no clue BUT can u use midifighter in torq like you program stuff to the computer keyboard? or does it take more work?
    I hope this isnt a totally idiot question...
    Thanks
    Stuart

Torq allows for midi control (re: Exponent). I am about to try out the midi fighter w/ the Torq DVS. Will let you know how it works.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Wizard

I had bought one of the Akai mini pad thingies and it DIDNT work (ie click on a button in the software, turn the knob on the controller and it is assigned)
    Also I have a launchpad I am wondering if that would work...
    I want to use some controller buttons to launch samples and cues, controll fx, launch "snapshots" (which Torq has which are GENIUS, they allow you to cook a custom formula of effects or whatever and recall them with a button click.)
    I am considering just buying a "trigger finger" since it is M-audio and it WILL work but I like midi fighter's arcade buttons better.

Tech Wizard

any luck?

I never had a problem mapping any controller in Torq.
    Just highlight (rightklick so it turns red) the button/knob/fader in Torq that you want to map like it's written in the manual and shown in the tutorial video on www.torq-dj.com. Then turn the knob, move the fader or press the button/pad of your midicontroller that you want to be mapped. That's all.
    I had various keybords mapped in the beginning and at the moment a Korg nanoPad, nanoKey and my NI Maschine.

Since the Midifighter seems to be a regular midicontroller it should not be a problem. Maybe the Akai things were broken or you just made a mistake mapping them.
    http://facebook.com/like.GRIZU
    Setup: MacBook 2.2 GHz 3 GB RAM OSX 10.6.4, Torq Conectiv Vinyl 1.5.3, 2x Technics MKII, Ecler HAK 320, PMC-05 Pro 4 Blk, PMC-06 Pro B, 2x Shure M44-7, VCI-300 & VFX-1 + ITCH, NI Maschine, Korg nano Pad & Kontrol, Audio8DJ & TS Pro, Novation Dicer