Reason 5 Announced, Is Anyone Excited? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I'm very happy for the improvements. Can't wait to see what their next features are over the next few days...

same. Reason is dope, but there's so much that can be done to make it better. get rid of the need for Recyle for starters, but I doubt Pheads are gonna do that

After a week of teasers, any more interest?

The sampling feature seems good and the drum machine looks interesting, kinda Maschine but to Reason...

Don't see them winning over people from other DAWs, but those already working in it have some new tools in the toolbox.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

You know there are Live artists out there who can load up ALL of their projects into reason, having like 25 instances running - all without hurting the CPU - cant do that with programs like *insert your fav DAW here*

Tech Wizard

yep! bento is right

i rewire everything into cubase or ableton (depends what i am doing) from reason 4 at the moment.. i can do lots more with less processing! most of the time i'll sound design a sound i like.. then bounce it as an audio file to save processing.. but doing it all in reason (for say, a bass part) then jsut rewiring it into your DAW helps alot... especially if you use alot of processes or big projects
    SmallCup

Would you guys recommend reason 5 to a brand new beginner of producing?
    Or is ableton better in that way?

Reason 5 is pretty dope. I still think Logic Pro is better then most DAWS though. The sampling is good in reason 5, but still not as complex as the ultrabeat in logic. The interface is horrible and makes most tasks a PAIN. The quality of your projects is pretty low in reason, if you use the same samples and stuff in ableton or logic you will notice a big difference.

Out of reason, ableton, and logic pro...Logic pro takes the cake for me as it has the best sampling(ultrabeat has incredible ways to humanize your sounds), best interface(can't tell you how many times I accidently drop files in the wrong place in ableton), and by far the highest quality sound of default plugins that I've used. Also managing files/organizing projects is very very easy and a lot of things are set out for a baby to use.
    Last edited by mycathasrabies; 11-30-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12