Get Ready to kiss your job goodbye! :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Get Ready to kiss your job goodbye! :)

Report: Activision CEO confirms "DJ Hero"
    Mon Feb 2, 2009 2:58PM EST
    See Comments (16)

Buzz up!
    on Yahoo!
    Get ready to turn in your wireless axe, microphone and drum kit for a turntable and a pair of headphones.

That's the word from gaming blog Kotaku (via Eurogamer), which definitively confirms what had long been rumored: "DJ Hero" is indeed coming "later this year," complete with a turntable for "competitively" spinning and mixing tunes.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick let the news slip during a recent appearance on CNBC, according to Kotaku. Details are still scarce: Kotick is quoted saying that the "DJ Hero" turntable will, indeed, let you "play competitively and spin discs and mix songs," but that's about it for now.

The first "DJ Hero" rumors began swirling almost a year ago, after "Guitar Hero" publisher Activision filed a trademark for the game back in February 2008. The buzz flared up again in September, after anonymous sources confirmed the game (reportedly in development for more than two years) to both Kotaku and MTV Multiplayer.

Check out this Kotaku post from September for details on how the "DJ Hero" wireless controller is (or was, at least) shaping up, along with the early word on visuals (apparently, the distinctive, brightly-colored music blobs will stream around a virtual record, rather than down a guitar neck).

So, what do you think: Will the "Hero" series successfully make the jump from guitars to turntables? And are you ready to give "DJ Hero" a spin yourself?

hahahaha amaaaazin ... shuld be a laugh

it will be fun stripping the jog for its midi data i know that much

I would buy it for my daughter so she can leave my SE alone.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

"And are you ready to give "DJ Hero" a spin yourself?"

Of course, I wanna know what styles will be included: "Hip-Hop DJ Hero", "Club DJ Hero", "Wedding DJ Hero". LOL.
    Keep on jumpin'
    http://dj3du.com

LOLz....

Don't forget the "Buttonmashing-CueJuggling-Microwave DJ".
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yeah I would used DJ Hero cuz I want to use it with my rig, the PS3 version will most likely have bluetooth turntables and I will love to port it to traktor3.

But by then Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will be out, and alot of my gaming time will be towards COD_MW2.

Anyone else have a PS3 that wants to play online? I dont have any sport games :eek:
    Last edited by JesC; 02-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I've been debating on getting one and an HDTV, but other things keep coming up
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

PS3 owner here. Although I barely play online since my headset broke. Been waiting for months now to get that SOCOM plus the sexy official headset... Sucks to be a gamer in Europe.

Back on topic: DJ hero won't be as much as a success as GH and RB were because spinning platters just isn't as exciting as rocking out. But I'll echo the possibility to put the controller to *good* use.
    Although I doubt it's gonna feature bluetooth connection - GH instruments each came with their own usb rf dongle.

Tech Mentor

Finally something I would love to play with, but I already do that.
    Thank Ya!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast