what size MAC do you recommend????
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default what size MAC do you recommend????

should it get a 13 or 15 inch MACBOOK PRO????

Quote Originally Posted by firedj View Post
    should it get a 13 or 15 inch MACBOOK PRO????
    if you are looking into the 13" MBP I would skip it and take the lower model 15" since it does have the i5 chip and a whole 2 inches more in screen size
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Convert

I always felt my 13" macbook was lacking(screen-wise), however I'm rather pleased with the upgrade to my 15" MBP...

I have a 13" laptop right now myself and was not to stoked when the fresh line came out a month after I bought this one.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The new 13" were upgraded to the 10 hour battery recently. That said I went with the 15" last month when I bought mine.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I would think it depends on your setup (software and controllers) and how many decks you need.

I just bought the mid range 15 and I love it.

if you can afford it go for 15

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    I have a 13" laptop right now myself and was not to stoked when the fresh line came out a month after I bought this one.
    usually that soon you could have gone to them and said something and more than likely got in on a new one. Happened to me years ago and they did it, and it was about 30 day after i bought my mbp at the time...

Now I have the 13" MBP, all i use it for is Traktor, so its fine for me. I don't really need anything else.

Tech Mentor

Im currently in the same boat as you, although I think I heard somewhere you can have 4 decks on a 13" but no browser, so when you go into browser it appears and goes full screen.

If your ever worried about a new model coming out this site is pretty good at estimating when it is likely to happen.....

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Portable_Macs

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast