Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Are you using either of the Focus versions? Those do not have loading ability. The Deckalized version has a "load next song in the current playlist" function as the Shift+Sync function. I have verified that this works.
    no i am using the The Deckalized version i have attempted to load the tsi and everything goes smoooth and all other functions work with proper led feedback but for some reason the Shift+Sync function will not load a song the midi light on traktor turns on so i kno its sending midi and im running the current clean version ot TPRO (1.2.6) i could only think of one more thing could anyone do me the favor of messaging me the tsi? it be greatly appreciated!

Tech Mentor

So I finally took a little time to start thinking about how to do this and there is enough modifier space but not enough conditions (why can't I have more than two per entry!) left to do this in the mapping. I'll brainstorm if there's a way around this, but as of now I don't think there is.

So, long story short, it can't be done while maintaining the complete Deckalized mapping. However, it may be possible if I remove some (or maybe a lot of) subfunctions or shift functions. I can look into this if people want.
    Hmmm interesting. Can you post up/pm your notes? I'm currently trying to mod up this mapping to be more of a Auxiliary controller (think running TSP with vinyl/cds and using the MF for effects, cues etc) and having notes on how it's been designed would be ace.

As a side note... what's Modifier 1 doing? I see you setting it to 0 alot but never setting it to anything else (this is on the focus mapping... hhmmm was it used for the deckalised mapping?)

Hey,

I will be getting two midi fighters soon.

I was just analyzing the mapping

has a "duplicate deck" function considered? I will be looking to figure something out when i get them myself! Just tossing it out in the open

Tech Wizard

Hi FlashFlooder,

I'm loving the Deckalized Focus AB mappings for the Midi Fighter, but I'm not too fond of how the beatslicer works during sample mode in the Deckalized mappings vs the single Midi Figther 1.1 tsi. It seems that how the beatslicer works on the single midi fighter tsi, is more subtle compared to the deckalized focus mapping.. is there any way I could change the beatslicer parameters on the deckalized mapping so they are similar to the single midi fighter tsi?
    Last edited by musick; 10-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    Hi FlashFlooder,

I'm loving the Deckalized Focus AB mappings for the Midi Fighter, but I'm not too fond of how the beatslicer works during sample mode in the Deckalized mappings vs the single Midi Figther 1.1 tsi. It seems that how the beatslicer works on the single midi fighter tsi, is more subtle compared to the deckalized focus mapping.. is there any way I could change the beatslicer parameters on the deckalized mapping so they are similar to the single midi fighter tsi?
    +1 I definitely preferred the old beatslicer as well...

Tech Wizard

Thank god I wasn't the only one that felt like that, please if anyone knows how.. let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    Hi FlashFlooder,

Hey guys, I will take a look into this and see what the differences are but honestly, it is probably not going to happen until sometime next week. It has been crazy busy trying to deal with S4's, custom midi fighters, and all of the other projects I have going on. If you guys have any other requests, post them here so when I dive back into the new/old mappings I can take a look at everything.

Tech Wizard

I'm going to take a closer look at this in the next few days but let us know if Systemattik is correct and it's loading the wrong effect. Some people have reported this issue and it can generally be fixed by reloading the tsi. For some reason, Traktor often doesn't load the effect settings properly on the first import and it requires a second import.

Otherwise, the issue may be the beatgrid of the track you are trying to sample. The sampler function is highly dependent on this and if the grid is off it will sound strange.

A last thing I would check is the tempo of the master clock (you can see it by clicking on the metronome by FX banks 1/3) while you use the sampler function. The auto clock can float around a bit sometimes and if you try to use the sampler while it's doing this it can sound like the sample is pitch warping.

Since most people don't have issues using the "sampler" function on the deckalized mapping, I have a strong feeling that the mapping is fine but something is going wrong with the Traktor settings or beat grids for those who encounter this issue. Hopefully we can figure this out to avoid this for others in the future.

any news on this? i have tried all the tipsa bove and no luck
    maybe someone could post a song that we know the beatgrid is perfect on nad i could try that??

Red face

So I finally took a little time to start thinking about how to do this and there is enough modifier space but not enough conditions (why can't I have more than two per entry!) left to do this in the mapping. I'll brainstorm if there's a way around this, but as of now I don't think there is.

So, long story short, it can't be done while maintaining the complete Deckalized mapping. However, it may be possible if I remove some (or maybe a lot of) subfunctions or shift functions. I can look into this if people want.
    I would like more beatmasher parameters, so I can chop the loop up finer and maybe jump backward and forwards. to be honest I dont use the additional mode activated by pressing shift and rec in beat juggle mode. Would ditching this provide enough space for 1MF on deck AB and the other on CD?

Tech Wizard

hey i use the ab focus mapping and i recently started messing with 4 decks and the 4 deck tsi is quite troublesome to use bc if one wants to get back to deck A one has to cycle through all the decks so i was wondering if possible to be able to perhaps maybe use shift+cue for decks C&D to emulate shift+ sync for Decks A&B

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast