Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping - Page 6
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by djjoesnug View Post
    when using my midi fighter alone it works fine but im trying to us it with my vci-100 se and it does not work right when the vci is hooked up?
    The mappings all default to "All Ports" so if you are using a VCI-100 and an MF, you want to go into the Controller Manager and set the IN/OUT ports for each mapping to the appropriate controller. Otherwise, they share a lot of midi notes and will wrongly be sending information to one another resulting in some real strange behavior and LED states.

Tech Mentor

How do you delete cue's using the Deckalised Mapping (I'm using Focus AB)? Is there a way - I've got my keyboard mapped to delete using "Alt + Number" but I've only got cue's 1-5 mapped for each deck (1-5 Deck A, and 6-0 Deck B) and hence I can't delete past cue 5.

Quote Originally Posted by notshy View Post
    How do you delete cue's using the Deckalised Mapping (I'm using Focus AB)? Is there a way - I've got my keyboard mapped to delete using "Alt + Number" but I've only got cue's 1-5 mapped for each deck (1-5 Deck A, and 6-0 Deck B) and hence I can't delete past cue 5.
    Go into Juggle Mode (Shift+Sampler). The bottom 8 buttons will now control your 8 Hotcue points. Press Shift and the appropriate Cue button to delete that cue point.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    The mappings all default to "All Ports" so if you are using a VCI-100 and an MF, you want to go into the Controller Manager and set the IN/OUT ports for each mapping to the appropriate controller. Otherwise, they share a lot of midi notes and will wrongly be sending information to one another resulting in some real strange behavior and LED states.
    this worked for me thanks!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Make sure to use the "Deck Focus Select" button (Shift+Sync) to change Deck Focus'. Do not manually change the Deck Focus with your mouse or else Traktor and the MF can get thrown off a bit in terms of turning effects on and off specific decks.

I am working to fix this in a future update but for now, if you are using a FOCUS tsi then only use the Deck Focus button to change Deck Focus'.
    great tip.. works much better now

This mapping is fantastic : ) The workflow is very good & I am now getting into kind of genre-hopping King Tubby style mixing ,

Great effects can be achieved when you press "Echo Freeze" Button , then just hold down phase sync either up or down , straight outta Mr Tubby's basement.....

In fact it's that good it has made my setup much more portable, I have literally scrapped one of my other controllers & now use the MF + Vestax VCM 100 as a mixer.
    (I only need vestax for eq, Volume & Loop jumps) It's getting better & better...

Nice work Ean + Team !!!! : D

M

Hey I was just wondering if someone DJTechtools had a video of a MF used to control both decks A and B. I just ordered one with the intention of using the .tsi file at the beginning of this thread stating all the features were still there. BTW which .tsi is it? The last one of the AB one?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

i too think it would be nice to a see a tutorial video for control of both decks with 1 MF.

i tried both the FOCUS and the FOCUS AB.. It seems that the FOCUS is used for 4 decks whereas the AB is used for 2.

I am also noticing that none of my LEDs stay on like in the MF videos shown.. For example, in 'slice mode' nothing stays on.. Do I need to upgrade my firmware?

+1 for a vid of someone mucking about on one MF controlling A & B

Tech Convert

Default map wont load

so I put the TSI maps in the traktor settings area then when I click them i see the map a,b,c,d, but then there is nothing there where you would see all the other info. Like the mapping info...

Is something wrong? Defiantly not working yet :/

I'm new to Dj'ing and traktor! Sorry I'm just trying to get this midi map thing sorted out

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast