Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Arrow Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping

There is a new official DJ Techtools Deck specific mapping for the Midi Fighter and Traktor Pro called, "MF_Deckalized.tsi". See the attached button layout for features and functionality.

Fun Fact: Ean has been using this mapping recently to DJ using solely two Midi Fighters (one for Deck A and one for Deck B) and an external mixer.

Upon importing the tsi, the controller manager will show four labeled device mappings (one for each Deck, A/B/C/D). You will need to set the In and Out Ports to your Midifighter(s) for the applicable Decks you want to control.

A cool new function (that may not be obvious to users at first) is the Sample Slicer. After using the Record/Sampler button to craft a sample on the fly, you can go into the Sample Slicer mode by holding Shift and pressing the Record/Sampler button again. To indicate you've moved into the Slicer mode, all of the bottom 8 button's LEDs will light up as a visual cue. You can then Slice up the sample to make some really interesting sounds by pressing any of those bottom 8 buttons. Try it out for yourself!

There is also a Juggle Mode which can be activated by pressing Shift and the Record/Sampler button while the Sampler is not active (the visual cue for this is every other of the bottom 8 LEDs lighting up). This makes the bottom 8 buttons Select or Store Hotcues 1-8 (you can delete the Cue points by using Shift and the appropriate Hotcue button).

Also, for those of you that are unaware, I created FOCUS versions of the MF Deckalized mapping that allow you to use 1 Midi Fighter to control either 2 decks (A/B) or all 4 decks (A/B/C/D). With the focus mappings you get all the same functions and you are able to control the Deck that is currently selected as the "Focus" (i.e., highlighted orange).

The only difference is that the (Shift+Sync) subfunction which was "Load Next Song" in the original Deckalized mapping is now "Deck Focus Select" which will toggle the Deck Focus through decks A/B or all four respectively (see Focus layout jpeg).

As we work to create and improve future Midi Fighter mappings, we will be taking your input into consideration so please share your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np3L2myavg

For those familiar with the original Midi Fighter mapping (see http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10137), the new mapping shares a similar architecture to the original but now offers more hands on features.

Purchase a Midi Fighter here
    Last edited by EanGolden; 08-05-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Nice one - liking the idea behind the toggle/hold for the FX buttons.
    Gonna give this a whirl at home tonight. Cheers DJTT.
    Noob question though, what do the roll buttons do?

Tech Mentor

Haven't tried out the tsi yet but I believe they are for the beatmasher. Roll ...as in drum roll, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    Noob question though, what do the roll buttons do?
    Yeah you guys got it. "Roll" refers to a "Looproll" which equates to the Beatmasher effect (at various settings) in Traktor.

For those of you who don't have multiple Midi Fighters (yet) or simply want to be able to control all four decks with one Midi Fighter I also created a tsi based on the Deckalized design (MF_Deckalized_Focus.tsi) to accommodate this.

The main difference between the two tsi's is that the subfunction (Shift+_) of the Sync button ("Load Next Song" in MF_Deckalized) changes to "Deck Focus +" which will cycle through decks A to D and will change the Deck layout accordingly.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Can't wait to see the video of Ean rocking the dual MF's.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

same, bump for a video of the man
    Digital Demon
    Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) Club DJ
    VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midi Fighter, Audio 4 DJ, HP Envy 15 (core i7 720/6GB ddr3/320GB SSD), TSP, Denon HP1000 Headphones, alesis protrack 16 bit recorder, iPad for samples.
    Studio: Presonus Monitor Station, M-Audio BX8a monitors

Love it!

The innovations just don't stop coming.

This has completely blown me away! SO SO SO SO amazing! Cannot believe how good this is!
    Well done guys, just as I was getting jealous of the Novation Dicer, this mapping blows my face off!
    Well done!

Only thing I've noticed, on the Deck Focus mapping, Deck 2 FX Send 2 keeps turning off as soon as you touch any buttons, meaning it doesnt let you control any of your delay and stuff on deck 2?

Any help

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast