Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Only thing I've noticed, on the Deck Focus mapping, Deck 2 FX Send 2 keeps turning off as soon as you touch any buttons, meaning it doesnt let you control any of your delay and stuff on deck 2?
    Good observation Hammer. It's a bit confusing at first but pushing any of the Filter/Echo/Delay/Record/Roll buttons (all 8 buttons in the middle rows) will turn the appropriate FX bank and type ON to the current Focus Deck and OFF of all the other 3 decks. This way, you cannot accidentally assign an effect to two different decks without realizing it.

Another reason behind this is that some of the effects (i.e., "Roll" aka Beatmasher) sync up to your tempo but there is a slight delay on the initial instance the FX bank gets turned on a Deck. Because of this we have the FX units turning on and staying on once you press any of the Filter/Delay/Roll (FX Bank 2) buttons.

For example, if you switch decks from A to B (after using a Roll on Deck A) and want to use a "Roll" on Deck B, FX Bank 2 will turn off Deck A and on Deck B.

It's a bit of an odd concept at first so please let me know if my explanation is causing more confusion than help.

Tech Guru

Thanks for the great mapping!!!
    Last edited by bartboy; 07-02-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    For those of you who don't have multiple Midi Fighters (yet) or simply want to be able to control all four decks with one Midi Fighter I also created a tsi based on the Deckalized design (MF_Deckalized_Focus.tsi) to accommodate this.

The main difference between the two tsi's is that the subfunction (Shift+_) of the Sync button ("Load Next Song" in MF_Deckalized) changes to "Deck Focus +" which will cycle through decks A to D and will change the Deck layout accordingly.
    saw the video of 2 MF and ordered one immediately. Came into the forum to ask about how to setup it up for one controller and BOOM flashflooder has already delivered..

my setup is going to be sweet
    an arcade edition and the new MF

Dear engineers

I'm testing this mapping out and found that my midi fighter was not enbling the right leds when needed like seen on eans vid.

The controls work as far I went, but you never know in wich mode you are if you activated one. First I though it was my hercules rmx controller but while reloading only the tsi of the deckadized version the version did remain.

What can I do against that.

I'd like to use my midifighter in conjunction with my arcade edition vci. Can anyone walk through the set-up and which one of flashflooders deckalized tsi's would be the best fit.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by jthompsn View Post
    I'd like to use my midifighter in conjunction with my arcade edition vci. Can anyone walk through the set-up and which one of flashflooders deckalized tsi's would be the best fit.
    I also would like to do this but with 2 midifighters
    MBP13",TSP,S4,F1,2TT,ABELTON 8 SUITE,PRO TOOLS 9.(Music Is My Solice)

Quote Originally Posted by redgoblin83 View Post
    I'm testing this mapping out and found that my midi fighter was not enbling the right leds when needed like seen on eans vid.
    Can you please clarify what you mean when you say the right LEDs are not being enabled? I'm not sure I understand your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jthompsn View Post
    The setup goes as follows: assuming you already have the VCI-100 tsi loaded (or vice versa if you have an MF mapping loaded) you are going to go into the Controller Manager in the Preferences section, click "Add->Import" under the Device listbox and select the MF mapping that you would like to add.

At this point you should be able to see mappings in the "Device" listbox like VCI-100SE, Midi_Fighter - Deck Focus, & Generic Keyboard. You need to then make sure that the "In-Port" and "Out-Port" are set to the correct devices for each respective mapping.

If you need to delete a single mapping without removing all of them (say if you want to change MF mappings), simply select the mapping in the Device listbox and go to Edit->Delete and it will remove the currently selected mapping. The Device listbox will say "None" after this but rest assured, the other mappings are still there just click on the listbox to verify.

In terms of best fit, the Deckalized version will import 4 mappings with each one tied to a single deck. If you only have one deck that you want to be able to use the MF effects on, this mapping probably makes the most sense to use. Or, if you have two MF's and really only use Decks A/B to dj then you could set one MF to A and one to B.

However, if you only have one MF and want to be able to use it with any of the four decks in conjunction with the VCI-100 then I recommend using the Deck Focus version, where the MF will control the Deck currently under Focus (i.e., Deck letter highlighted).

The setup goes as follows: assuming you already have the VCI-100 tsi loaded (or vice versa if you have an MF mapping loaded) you are going to go into the Controller Manager in the Preferences section, click "Add->Import" under the Device listbox and select the MF mapping that you would like to add.

At this point you should be able to see mappings in the "Device" listbox like VCI-100SE, Midi_Fighter - Deck Focus, & Generic Keyboard. You need to then make sure that the "In-Port" and "Out-Port" are set to the correct devices for each respective mapping.

If you need to delete a single mapping without removing all of them (say if you want to change MF mappings), simply select the mapping in the Device listbox and go to Edit->Delete and it will remove the currently selected mapping. The Device listbox will say "None" after this but rest assured, the other mappings are still there just click on the listbox to verify.

In terms of best fit, the Deckalized version will import 4 mappings with each one tied to a single deck. If you only have one deck that you want to be able to use the MF effects on, this mapping probably makes the most sense to use. Or, if you have two MF's and really only use Decks A/B to dj then you could set one MF to A and one to B.

However, if you only have one MF and want to be able to use it with any of the four decks in conjunction with the VCI-100 then I recommend using the Deck Focus version, where the MF will control the Deck currently under Focus (i.e., Deck letter highlighted).
    1000 Thanks! Perfect timing as my MF will arrive tomorrow!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say the right LEDs are not being enabled? I'm not sure I understand your issue.
    I think he means the 8 bottom buttons don't light up when you put it in juggle mode.

Mine was doing this today. I used the deckalized mapping to control only deck C.

Another question, are the in/ out port supposed to be set to all ports or midifighter?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast