So is anyone using the SCS3 System? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Somebody needs to tell that kid "mixing" Sexy Bitch to lay off the flanger. It's not supposed to be on for the whole song! It doesn't sound cool or anything just really really lame.
    13.3" Macbook Aluminum
    Novation Nio Audio Interface
    Novation Remote SL Zero
    M-Audio X-Session Pro
    Traktor Duo

Tech Mentor

using it and loving it. it's my only controller and i already played a couple of gigs with it (genre electro).
    i made a couple of tweaks to the browser mapping though. basically i remapped the tap key to be a modifier to allow instant loading of effect combos or to change the eq mode to relative when needed.
    Stanton SCS3 System

If you have habits/styles/skills for mixing with older fashioned gear, they all translate really intuitively to the SCS. The hard part is deciding what to do with all of the extra options you now have; like multiple controls on one button plus the chance to move several controls at once.

The slider/faders out-do knobs beacuse you can "point and shoot", meaning hit several of them into exact positions all at once.

I tried to work up a traditional mix yesterday, but kept getting distacted to stuff more like this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibknigVZkM

I wish more people would post videos too. What good is a battle dj with noone to battle. I don't wanna show all my routines for no reason.

Tech Wizard

Been using an scs3m at my gigs away from my residency for about 6 months now, I use it as an fx controller, and keep the main mixer for actual mixing duties. I made my own custom mapping in Traktor Pro so I can have access to all the fx channel assign and parameter buttons. Would totally recommend it for this purpose, and looking forward to adding a 3d or 2 in the near future for extra deck control also.

The big sellers for me are the size (I can easily fit it into even the tightest booth without any issues) and the fact that it gives me total feedback on all the parameters at a glance even in the darkest club.

Fus

Quote Originally Posted by RufusWhite View Post
    Been using an scs3m at my gigs away from my residency for about 6 months now, I use it as an fx controller, and keep the main mixer for actual mixing duties. I made my own custom mapping in Traktor Pro so I can have access to all the fx channel assign and parameter buttons. Would totally recommend it for this purpose, and looking forward to adding a 3d or 2 in the near future for extra deck control also.

The big sellers for me are the size (I can easily fit it into even the tightest booth without any issues) and the fact that it gives me total feedback on all the parameters at a glance even in the darkest club.

Fus
    did you manage to get led output from the buttons?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

yep, in 3 different colours (red, blue and purple).

I found the buttons work on custom mappings if you just do away with the DaRouter malarky and use the unit in standard midi mode.

Fus

Quote Originally Posted by Drimachus View Post
    If you have habits/styles/skills for mixing with older fashioned gear, they all translate really intuitively to the SCS. The hard part is deciding what to do with all of the extra options you now have; like multiple controls on one button plus the chance to move several controls at once.

The slider/faders out-do knobs beacuse you can "point and shoot", meaning hit several of them into exact positions all at once.

I tried to work up a traditional mix yesterday, but kept getting distacted to stuff more like this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibknigVZkM

I wish more people would post videos too. What good is a battle dj with noone to battle. I don't wanna show all my routines for no reason.

that was very cool. most of the vids i've seen have been pretty disappointing so i let that get to my head

Quote Originally Posted by RufusWhite View Post
    yep, in 3 different colours (red, blue and purple).

I found the buttons work on custom mappings if you just do away with the DaRouter malarky and use the unit in standard midi mode.

Fus
    how did you do that? do you mean the flat mode?
    do you have the led notes of the unit?
    thanks in advance..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

All you need to map to the LEDs in the SCS.3 controllers is the MIDI spec - which I believe you have. Generally, the button LEDs respond to the same message the button sends. The strip LEDs respond to a range of messages within a CC message. There are pre-built macros for each type of LED pattern, so all you need to do is send a defined range (for instance, 40-47) in order to recreate a pattern (boost/cut, peak, finger trace, etc).

Tech Wizard

Hello,

I think I could give you some experiences ; Djing on Traktor Pro 1.2.

I got my first vci-100 se since one year, and Djing with it for 6 months.

After that, I was interressted by the scs.3 full system, and I got it since 6 months ago.

So, I have tried the vestax during 6 months, and the scs full system during 6 months.

Finaly, I would like to sell the scs.3 system and stay on the VCI-100 se.

Why ? For one reason that 90% of Djs says, you haven't a "physical" feedback of you action, you always need to see where you put your finger...

Second, it's true, if your finger slice accidentally on the crossfader, you can kill your mix.

Three ! I have purshase Bome's midi translator because I would like to edit my own preset ... I spend 2 months on this software ... Maybe it's because i'm not a programmer, but finaly, I spend more time on programmation than DJing ...

Four ... You need to have an other soft running, Darouter or Bomes ; For me I don't like that, I don't find the software realy stable ; and at a gig party, it's an other way to "crash" your system ...

By the way, it's true that these controller are realy good for the FX section and the loop section, realy more fast than a traditional mixer, and you can make FX scratch lol ; but finaly, I found the Fader FX in the vci-100 se is more "soundable" ^^

And I think that's it could be a realy good controller if you adapt the preset in using bomes, but you need to know how use it ...

So, maybe I don't get the time to realy adopt it...

But finally, I found that it was anoying to switching between mode ...

So for the moment, I will see if I keep it, and introduce them to my VCI-100, and maybe get a Kontrol X1 instead.

That's all !

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast