Serato and Traktor on the same MBP

Default Serato and Traktor on the same MBP

Just wondering if anyone had tried it?

I imagine it won't work very well... but just interested?

Mx1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Works fine here.

Both write Proprietary tags that cant be read or written to by either program.

You wont have any issues. Well that is if you include using Serato as not having an issue (JOKE)..!

lol @ serato poking

I mean literally at the same time... in a 4 deck set up... ie me playing on my vci while someone is scratching on serato... on the same laptop.

I know that sounds sketchy but i just wonder....
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Oh wow yeah thats a whole different kettle of fish.

Just tried a not very elegant attempt with VCI 100 & Traktor with VC300 and Itch.
    Works fine. Obviously a different setup cus the VCI 300 has its own soundcard and i was just using the internal card on the mac for the 100.

Im at my g/f house so its a bit cobbled togther.

If there are on separate soundcards i guess it will work. Its just whether the Mac can handle all the USB sapping from 2 soundcards.

Also screen real estate is a problem . Dunno if SSL is the same but the Itch UI cant be resized like the traktor ui unless im missing the trick.

To be honest im just effing around.

Interesting... well serato doesn't use a sc but it's own hardware... which i think is just a soundcard but only works with ssl...

I'm playing at a wedding tomorrow and we're bring serato down and my vci... few cats got music on usb and only know how to spin vinyl...

Only my lappy there though

At first i was just thinking about mixing from a serato track into traktor... then it got me thinking.

Sort of interesting? In a djtt only kind of way. If i brought it up with my missus it'd be blank face all the way

Yeah Serato uses an SL box.
    But you lost me a bit? Are you playing on Traktor and the other guy on Serato ?

Yeah exactly...

Just thinking about transitioning. So he's playing out his last tune on Serato (using my lappy) and i want to jump on traktor (on my lappy), don't see any reason why i cant just mix in my first song and then stop the TT.

Then it got me thinking he could load in a scratch and have a little scratch over the top of me spinning on traktor.

Would probably just juggle between the two programs using cmd and tab rather than try and fit bot UIs on the screen though.

I mean two laptops would be ideal obviously but still...

Yeah i dont see any reason why it cant work.

Although... Keyboard commands? Are they going to interfere?
    If one program is in the background it wont receive the keyboard command so you should be ok.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I cant comment on the keyboard commands, but this works fine for me

Yeah with the 2 VCIs before i had both traktor decks synced and looped and was scratching over the top with both Itch decks, seemed fine.

Me using Serato and Traktor at the same time whatever next? Eating vegetables, doubtful.