Setting up at a club!
    Tech Wizard

Default Setting up at a club!

hey guys, first time djin outside the bedroom, a lil nervous but pumped!!
    question is, im bring my vci 100, laptop and 4dj wit me so do i unplug the clubs mixer into my 4dj in? or bring extra cables and go into there mixer??
    i want to use my vci to control everything though : ( ,need help! thanks for reading

u just bring ur own rca´s and connect them to the clubs mixer (if ur using 2 external decks bring 2 if just one bring one) and ur ready to rock the shit!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by brothadud View Post
    hey guys, first time djin outside the bedroom, a lil nervous but pumped!!
    question is, im bring my vci 100, laptop and 4dj wit me so do i unplug the clubs mixer into my 4dj in? or bring extra cables and go into there mixer??
    i want to use my vci to control everything though : ( ,need help! thanks for reading
    Pack your bag well! Maybe take a little time and read through a few of the "DJ essentials" articles on the home page. The "Know Your Connections", "Trust the Levels", "Cable Pizza" and "Gig Bag Checklist" should give you some background on things to look for and answers to questions that may pop up.

I suggest you go check out the set-up before you play, that way you can make sure you have what you need and ask questions you couldn't find answers to.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Unplug the RCA's from one of the CDJ and plug it into your soundcard. Then you don't have to mess around the back of the mixer!
    Next Curious People party with KYLE HALL!! Details HERE
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.curious-people.com
    Macbook Pro///Traktor Scratch Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Curious People View Post
    Unplug the RCA's from one of the CDJ and plug it into your soundcard. Then you don't have to mess around the back of the mixer!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Curious People View Post
    +1, just use one master out and leave the club mixer on that one channel. Do bring a wire just incase because for all you know the CDJ's have the wire's built in.

Tech Wizard

thanks for the help guys!! i unplug a cdj and plug my sound card to one channel like u guys said!! had a great night and got good feel from the crowd, just hate being told to play hiphop when i play house : (