iPad might have just caught up to Lemur - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Really impressive stuff people.

It was a shame to see that traktor was never going to be a winner on the ipad but lemur style controllers might have just rekindled my love for them!

I just dont know if I could ever get away with EQ knobs as touch screen. Sliders and buttons no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Is it really possible to scrub with that platter?. And also since its a touch surface, that means its not susceptible to the 127 MIDI message limitation? (like the Stanton SCS.3D, I think).

If so, that would be a bad ass dual layer, two deck control in one touch surface.
    I was actually planning to sandwich 4 of em, each in it's own tab so you simulate having 4 CDJ2K's. Only thing that would suck about that is that you couldn't manipulate 2 decks at the same time, but how many "normal" DJ's touch more than 1 deck at the same time anyway. Usually 1 on the deck and one on the mixer, or both on the deck, or both on mixer.

You can scrub all you want with the platter, however it's a little dumb at the moment because the rotary isn't actually 360 degrees, more like 345 ish and that causes an area of no signals, which sucks. Scratching, still a work in progress, and seeing as I don't scratch in the first place, that will be taken up by a higher authority once I'm finished.

But, you did bring up a good point. If I was able to get some info on how the HID worked with the pioneers, it MIGHT be possible to map it as a pioneer in traktor, or another HID device giving way higher resolution.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

Is it possible for you to maybe post a video of it performing?, just so I could get an idea (and anyone else interested) as to how it works as a DJ interface. If it can scrub a deck in Traktor Pro sufficiently, damn...that would kick ass.

well now i'm pissed, went and bought touchOSC so I could give this a shot, OSCulator was blocked at work, so I just got home hit the website......MAC only....FUCK!!
    Digital Demon
    Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) Club DJ
    VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midi Fighter, Audio 4 DJ, HP Envy 15 (core i7 720/6GB ddr3/320GB SSD), TSP, Denon HP1000 Headphones, alesis protrack 16 bit recorder, iPad for samples.
    Studio: Presonus Monitor Station, M-Audio BX8a monitors

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Digital Demon View Post
    well now i'm pissed, went and bought touchOSC so I could give this a shot, OSCulator was blocked at work, so I just got home hit the website......MAC only....FUCK!!
    You can still use TouchOSC, you'll just have to find a different translator for it, like PD which is free. Tutorial here
    http://www.gadgetcracker.com/2009/06...-ableton-live/

@mmauve, cleaning up the interface an making sure it all works, but alas, I have another 3 day weekend to do nothing but this, so no promises, but pretty good chance on the vid.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

So close I can taste it. Now to get it all functioning proper.

I hope you're willing to share this when its complete, otherwise your more of a tease than my old high school girlfriends, lol
    Digital Demon
    Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) Club DJ
    VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midi Fighter, Audio 4 DJ, HP Envy 15 (core i7 720/6GB ddr3/320GB SSD), TSP, Denon HP1000 Headphones, alesis protrack 16 bit recorder, iPad for samples.
    Studio: Presonus Monitor Station, M-Audio BX8a monitors

Tech Guru

I can see a few problems with your setup, but nice concept. Some of the controls you have mapped to the surface are expecting relative CC messages and you're going to try and feed them absolute - which is going to be a mess. And without reliable feedback you'll also have problems with the controls that require it (like the pitch fader and button states). Still, I love the little Touch OSC community that's brewing here.

Are you guys using the PD generator off the website, or are you hand coding them?

Tech Guru

And also since its a touch surface, that means its not susceptible to the 127 MIDI message limitation? (like the Stanton SCS.3D, I think
    What? The fact that it's a touch surface (which both the SCS.3d and the iPad are) has nothing to do with the type of MIDI message assigned to it. Both of these controllers could do 14bit messages easily (some easier than others). But they both send 7bit MIDI because there aren't any applications that take advantage of 14bit messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Digital Demon View Post
    I hope you're willing to share this when its complete, otherwise your more of a tease than my old high school girlfriends, lol
    The TouchOSC layout will be shared, as well as the OSCulator settings. Only problem happens if you're trying to use Windows, cause OSCulator is OSX only. PD could be used to route the incoming/outgoing OSC signals, but I'm currently not developing it on that side, and really have no intention to.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic
    And without reliable feedback you'll also have problems with the controls that require it (like the pitch fader and button states)
    Reliable feedback? It gets midi feedback from Traktor. Did I miss something about relative and absolute, but as long as the feedback is right, it doesn't really matter what it gives/gets because the settings in Traktor can be adjusted for either. Or...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast