POLK Hitmaster Monitor $95

Default POLK Hitmaster Monitor $95

I just picked up one of these and it is really cool.

You can use it as a DJ monitor or plug in your iPod and jam a small pool party at your friends house.

Only 13 lbs. very well made and it sounds really good and loud for the size. At $95 it's a bargain.

Check it out:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-AM2555-Hitmaster-Loudspeaker/dp/B0030BERMI[/ame]

>

Here's a picture of four in a line array: LOL

very nice, if the sound quality is actually decent ( I could find any real specs) This is definitely something I would consider ordering

Edit: okay my firefox was just bugging out, found all the info ahah

Yeah man. It sounds a lot bigger than I thought. It's no Mackie, but for $95 it definitely pumps. They sure get a lot of thunder out of these Class D digital amps and DSP chipset combos.

Tech Wizard

Could 2 of these be fine for djing house parties? I'm still in research mode right now, and am not that knowledgeable of speakers.

I was also thinking of going the route and buying a pair of actual real powered monitors, along with a 10-inch sub at some point.
    Last edited by sirtofu; 05-31-2010 at 12:02 AM.

I'm trying to convince my brother he needs the B-52 setup for his home audio system (He's said he'd be willing to bring em around for house parties and the like). Might be taking a look at one of these for a personal monitor though.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

How is the bass response on that sucker? I've been looking for something to use as a cheap studio monitor for production. Really I just need something with a good bass response. It doesn't have to be super loud bass, I just want to be able to get an idea how it would sound on a larger system...
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

The bass is good down to about 40 HZ. Not really designed as a subwoofer but it's adequate for what it is. I wouldn't use it to DJ a BIG house party (over 25 people). But, like I said for all around fun, small parties (25 or less), BBQ/pool party or as a personal DJ monitor for DJing a big party, it is perfect.

Ordered, thanks for the suggestion loverocket