column sorting in traktor without pointer?

Default column sorting in traktor without pointer?

i posted this question on the NI forums but it seems helpful input there is slim so i thought id try here.

ive got an X1 and column sorting (and typing in searches) is about the only thing i still have to fumble around on my trackpad for.

i cant seem to find any option in the controller manager that allows mapping column sorting to midi or key strokes. am i overlooking it or does it just not exist?

i would like to for instance map bpm, #, key, and date added sorting to different key combos or buttons on my X1's MIDI pages...

if it's not assign'able in Traktor (which I think it's not unfortunately), then you could write a script in something like Autohotkey. The way I'd do it is to use the pixel/bmp detect commands to detect the correct part of Traktor to move the mouse to. Then send a mouse click down event before moving the mouse back to its original location. This should all happen instantly so you shouldn't notice it happening. You can then assign this macro to a key on the keyboard.

If you don't do it yourself, I might work on it at some point... I actually need the same functionality myself.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrobotlove View Post
    i posted this question on the NI forums but it seems helpful input there is slim so i thought id try here.
    LOL... seriously dude, its the weekend the volunteer mods have to have some time off. Your question was answered within 24 hours on a Sunday. Also all the Mods are DJs and they all DJ at the weekend.

Patience Padawan must have.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Also all the Mods are DJs and they all DJ at the weekend.
    That's why it's so quiet around here on the weekends!!

To answer the question I think MiL0's right and hot keys and some type of scripting are your answer. I'm sure you'll get better answers once the drunks start waking up,
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i just meant ive asked some wacko questions in the past about midi wrangling type stuff on the NI forums but i feel like the ratio of crazy midi wranglers is a little higher here so i thought my question might get answered quicker.

maybe not the ratio of weekend drunks though.
    Last edited by myrobotlove; 05-31-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    if it's not assign'able in Traktor (which I think it's not unfortunately), then you could write a script in something like Autohotkey.
    thanks for the the tip but unfortunately im on a mac and there doesnt seem to be a definitive equivalent.

also, the thought of auto moving/clicking the mouse pointer during live performance scares me a bit.

works very reliably for me

and there's bound to be a mac equivalent of AHK... at least I hope so, I'm moving over to OSX in the next week or 2!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a few options out there for the Mac

http://tinyurl.com/2bs5lp8
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x