How Do 2 DJ Sets Work? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not sure if there are any videos of the Nextmen playing live, but they seem to manage pretty well - seems to the one guy selecting, the other dropping samples and scratching ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I've spent the last 3 hours going back and forth from watching them, and working on my traktor/ableton setup. I'm done with jumping around like a monkey when i'm not mixing. From this point on i'll be doing something similar to these guys, with a few differences. We mainly play electro/house/disco/funk/punk. I'm not much of a turntablist but the other guy in my group is, and i'm a pretty good keyboard player. We play all digital now, with 1 turntable(no timecodes) for scratching and whatnot. With the new setup i've got 1 88 key keyboard that is all triggers, 1 88 key that's set for synths, my launchpad for drumming, and a nanokontrol for levels/arming and send effects. That's on top of the the mixing setup. I'm glad i haven't really gotten into 4 deck mixing, because now i've got more than enough to do live.
    Time to practice.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    The short answer is, not sure how they do it, but this is how is should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxu9-7Ie83s
    Daaaang!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    @MonkeyFish : here's a little inside story from an office at Ed Banger.

Pedro Winter : Hey guys, ze crowd's complaining zat Gaspard doesn't, you know, do enough stuff at your gigs. Xavier, you have to let him do stuff.
    Gaspard : (happy) Oh yes yes yes! Pleez!(jumps up and down, clapping his hands like an excited schoolgirl)
    Xavier : B-but... remember that one time he pushed the wrong record... it f$cked up my sh1t.
    Gaspard : (frowns)... well. But zey really liked it when I touched something zat one time.
    Pedro (scratches his chin) : hmm... well... I have an idea

(cue to next gig)

woah woah WOAH

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/12/3...009/#more-4145

someone should let them know he did that on purpose than lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123