iTunes help please!

Default iTunes help please!

Sup Tech Heads!

I have 2 iTunes Libraries, one for my iPhone music and one for my Dj Music. I want the music from each library to be stored in different media folders. I have managed to do this however each time I want to add to one of them I need to check the advanced preferences tab to ensure the music is going to be stored in the correct media folder. At the moment it seems no matter which library I open it always shows the last one I saved in where as I want it to automatically save into the DJ Music media folder when I'm in the DJ Music library and the iPhone music media folder when I'm in the iPhone Music library.

It's doing my head in, I have just discovered I have been saving music in the wrong place and now I have had to re-locate loads of stuff from each library. Which takes AAAGGGGEEESS!

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone suggest a different method or solution?

thanks
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Solution: stop using iTunes. It sucks. My music library is stored on a network drive. When I reboot, if I dont' manually reconnect and iTunes starts, it defaults to my homedir. I start ripping music, and of course, my HD is full soon after.

thanks for the comment. The thing is I have been using iTunes & Beat Tunes to organize my music. I like the way i'm working and if i could judt get past this liitle hurdle I would be a happy bunny.
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

I'm confused for several reasons. First, why do you need a library for DJing in iTunes? Traktor allows you to add songs to the collection so that Traktor has the DJ library when you spin. Second, why an entire library for the phone? Why not just make a folder called "phone music" that contains playlists that you only sync to the phone? Finally, the issue with where you are saving it depends if you are a Mac or PC for the solution.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Having two libraries for one computer just seems like a lot of work for little benefit. What exactly is the purpose for that? What if you want a song on your phone and in Traktor? Do you have duplicates then with a copy of each song in each folder?

I sync checked music only to my phone. If I don't want it on there I don't check it. I use smart playlists a lot to help in organizing what to sync as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The majority of the music I Dj I do not want on my phone. The main reason I have 2 separate libraries is because I use BeatTunes to analyze the tracks before I play them in Traktor. I actually picked the tip up to have 2 separate libraries on this forum so am aware that some people do it this way. I don't want my phone music to be visible in my iTunes tree in Traktor as it gets really confusing. I find having 2 separate libraries helps me navigate through my music a lot easier and saves me going through all of my music un-checking the stuff i don't want on my phone.

Second, why an entire library for the phone? Why not just make a folder called "phone music" that contains playlists that you only sync to the phone? Finally, the issue with where you are saving it depends if you are a Mac or PC for the solution.
    Can clarify this for me please? Where would this folder need to be saved? I'm Using a mac. See my Sig!

thanks for the replies guys
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

It would be saved where your playlists are, but rather than a playlist icon it will be a folder. Once opened it will expand to multiple playlists, but when you load up iTunes in Traktor all you will see is one folder. Check the DJTT blog and search iTunes Power Tips. They have a section on making smart folders and smart playlists. Also it would save you some time if you added the iTuned tracks to the Traktor collection just once time so that when you are spinning you don't need to access both software and slow the processor down.

oooohhh! I have never noticed that Playlist folder feature before. Do all of the tracks from the Playlist folder show in the main library as well? I use smart playlists already. I wouldn't mind starting from scratch with my Traktor collection as there is a lot of stuff in there from before I started organising my music properly If I cleared it all would it remove all of the cue markers etc?
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

With the iTunes folders; yea, it will show in the main library.
    But I never deleted a song from Traktor and went back to retrieve it, so I don't know if it saves the cue points.