Traktor Pro and Cue Points...Aw Hell nah! >:[
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro and Cue Points...Aw Hell nah! >:[

Okay so like my friend recently got Traktor Pro and let me play wit it a bit cuz i wanted to see if it wuz worth spending da money i dont have to upgrade my shizz or not. And like overall Traktor Pro is pretty fucking pimp chyeah, Just playing with the effects for a while on it will make you sad once you go back to the ones available to just traktor 3, they seem really lacking, and ive been using them fo a whilez! XD
    I Honestly say fo me i wuz thinking its totally worth the upgrade with all the new features, then i realized they went and did something i hate, they didnt just give it new features they sacrifised some old ones that i lurvvv soo much :/ bah!
    The main one I cant stand is the "cue points" or so called "hot cues" I ussseee to be able to drop and lock a cue point wherever i damn please while playing, and delete them just as fast, making it really easy to beatjump and juggle and do all da lil things i luv to do so much.

unforchenitly ( god my spelling! ) in traktor pro if you want to SO MUCH AS SET your cue bar at a given location in the track the track has to be paused, which is really fucking annoying, so basically it doesnt allow for as much creativity and spontanaity and forces you to "prepare" ur tracks alot more if u want to cue, jump, juggle, etc and if your playing the track and want to add a new cue point, too bad.

besides that the only feature i found to be worse in traktor pro is the fact it does not have 4 hotcue/midi pages, but dat could just be me since on my lil traktor 3 i have literally nearly 3500 hotkeys and a god awful lot of midi combinations. bah! :b relearning these in traktor pro is gonnna be a bitttchhh.

Much love,
    Kayla berrrr

Tech Wizard

oh and also...as wierd as it is the beatmasher in traktor pro, "beatmasher 2" isnt really evn as good as the beatmasher in 3. :/ le sigh.

Tech Wizard

I'm gonna assume (prob. make me an ass, lol) this is a matter of inexperience with Traktor PRO. You can still do exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish using modifiers, and even more.

Its going to take awhile for people to realize a lot of the old functionality is still intact, but there's a new way of going about it. Pro is gonna require some extensive patience from its customer base. I really think this version is gonna separate the hardcore user base from the casuals.

Here is an example of what I implemented on my Xponent. This uses a modifier/shift state button (Modifier #1) that you hold to set + store the cue anytime. Hitting the cue button any other time simply juggles. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the fly, hope this helps:

Modifier #1: Channel=Global: Type=Hold: Assigned=(my modifier button): Value=1
    Map HotCue: Channel=Deck A: Type=Hold: Assigned=(my cue button): Modifier=M1: Value=1
    Select Hotcue: Channel=Deck A: Type=Hold: Assigned=(my cue button): Modifier=M1: Value=0
    Cue Store + Set: Channel=Deck A: Type=Hold: Assigned=(my cue button): Modifier=M1: Value=1

Just remember, the same cue button is mapped to all three parameters: Map HotCue, Select Hotcue, and Cue Store + Set. Select Hotcue is the default action because the modifier value is always '0', unless you press and hold your modifier button, wherein it changes to '1'. So the select function is skipped and both the map and set functions are called instead.
    Last edited by Travis; 11-04-2008 at 09:52 AM.
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

lilONE:

As Travis has just explained... you CAN create on-the-fly cues, looping.
    In fact.. I believe now you can perform those functions a lot faster, since they are all grouped in the same grid/page.

There is a different approach on how to set them up... though.. but all new software has a learning curve... and this is no exception.

If I recall correctly... Ean wrote an article when NI announced the release of Traktor Pro, where he mentioned only a few features being "removed".
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Cues and looping have been built into one kinda.
    A cue point will act as a loop start point - which is actually kinda handy.

Julio said, there is a learning curve everyones going to have to go though to do some of the things that we were doing in the past - no doubt there are improvments to looping and cue points though that are for the good of the program