Vci-100 + apc40?
    Tech Convert

Default Vci-100 + apc40?

So I've done a bit of reading and I know it's definitely possible, but I'm curious if anyone has tried the following and if so how it's worked out. I feel I've read about a TSI someone has made that does something similar, but I've searched the forums and can't seem to find it...

Right now, I'm using my VCI-100 as my main controller, and I have an APC40 from when I was trying to DJ with Ableton. My idea is to use the APC40 as a supplementary controller, so either I can work with another friend while DJing, or just have buttons assigned to specific things that won't fit on the VCI-100.

The main thing I'm looking for is to have it setup so that the 5 buttons in each column would represent preset loops. For instance, button 1 in Column 1 would be an 8 bar loop, then button 2 would be a 4 bar loop and so on.

I'm also looking for a way to use the knob banks on the APC40 to control effects in addition to the knobs on the VCI-100. I'm trying to get into this with a friend, and the VCI-100 is obviously way to small for 1 person, so I feel it'd be great if I could be using the VCI to be lining up the next track while someone else could be throwing on effects to the current track.

So yeah, as I said, I feel like I saw a TSI floating around somewhere that did this (the loop section being mainly what I'm looking for), but I haven't been able to find it. In addition to that, I'm really interested to see what people have done with using the VCI-100 and the APC40 in conjunction with one another, so if anyone has any tips/advice/suggestions/TSI files/whatever, feel free to throw them out there!

Tech Guru

My project has been to build a "behind-the-scenes" infrastructure via Bomes MT, in order to use the APC in a dual mode state. The goal was to have a switchable system where in one layer, the APC would control Traktor, and in the other, the APC would control Live in the native "handshake" mode. Both programs were to be fully functional and synced. The VCI-100 is built into this setup, but is not essential for it to work. Two people can use it rather well together, because most of the functionality is duplicated between the VCI and APC. I leave loading tracks to the APC interface though. Anyhow, I've got a solid beta now, and am testing it with those who have shown interest in the hybrid Live/Traktor combo using an APC as the primary controller. I'd be interested in selling (a TON of work was involved in development) a la the NativeKontrol bundles, as long as the interest level seems high. But so far it looks like there aren't that many people interested in this type of combination.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

i thought about that myself until i saw the vci 300 and apc 40 demo of the bridge running from last namm.

now thats the setup im jonesing for.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

I am also trying to do the same. VCI-100 plus apc40 as an effects, loops, cue points, beat jumps, etc. controller. Found that you definitely need Bomes because of the midi channel overlaps between the two controllers. I would like to utilize the lights on the device for identification of functions and fx levels. Of course, that is if I ever have time to work on it.
    I would have more time if I could find a decent mapping already and reverse engineer that sucker.

Default awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    My project has been to build a "behind-the-scenes" infrastructure via Bomes MT, in order to use the APC in a dual mode state. The goal was to have a switchable system where in one layer, the APC would control Traktor, and in the other, the APC would control Live in the native "handshake" mode. Both programs were to be fully functional and synced. The VCI-100 is built into this setup, but is not essential for it to work. Two people can use it rather well together, because most of the functionality is duplicated between the VCI and APC. I leave loading tracks to the APC interface though. Anyhow, I've got a solid beta now, and am testing it with those who have shown interest in the hybrid Live/Traktor combo using an APC as the primary controller. I'd be interested in selling (a TON of work was involved in development) a la the NativeKontrol bundles, as long as the interest level seems high. But so far it looks like there aren't that many people interested in this type of combination.
    I have just read the ideal setup.. I have the VCI100SE and APC40 along with a Launchkey Mini...
    Did you ever complete this dual mapping you suggested?