Traktor crashes! help plz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor crashes! help plz

hi there

im using windows 7 with Traktor 1.2.1 (i also tried 1.2.4).
    if i don't touch anything and traktor just runs at standby it crashes after one hour.
    if i use traktor it could take an hour ore just a cuple of minutes.

someone got an idea?

*the soundcard is not the probem, already tried it with others
    *a friend of mine thought it's my portable harddisk, but i run a health check on it and its ok.

thx for your help

Well 1.2.1 is buggy as hell, so flag that version for a start. you wanna make sure you have the latest update 1.2.6 and see if that helps with the crash issues. also i'd try it without the portable, thats not a good idea anyways. welcome to the forums
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

thx. i'll try

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you running Traktor off the external drive? Upgrade to 1.2.6 and see if that help.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

upgrade or at the very least, re install, if your running hacked (sorry to make assumptions but I see no other reason to running an older release) and are trying to find a 1.2.6 torrent, go to guitar center and pick it up off the shelf, traktor is a worthy purchase.
    Digital Demon
    Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) Club DJ
    VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midi Fighter, Audio 4 DJ, HP Envy 15 (core i7 720/6GB ddr3/320GB SSD), TSP, Denon HP1000 Headphones, alesis protrack 16 bit recorder, iPad for samples.
    Studio: Presonus Monitor Station, M-Audio BX8a monitors

Tech Convert

i'm runnin traktor from the internal drive, on the external i just store music.

i run 1.2.1 because i'm new to traktor (just switching from Virtual DJ) and a friend of mine told me i have to use this one because it's the best Traktor release. => seems like he was wrong

i'd say 1.2.4 was the best so far, I personally am a fan of running the latest versions....so..I'm running 1.2.6
    Digital Demon
    Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) Club DJ
    VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midi Fighter, Audio 4 DJ, HP Envy 15 (core i7 720/6GB ddr3/320GB SSD), TSP, Denon HP1000 Headphones, alesis protrack 16 bit recorder, iPad for samples.
    Studio: Presonus Monitor Station, M-Audio BX8a monitors

Upgrading on its own might not help, but its certainly an ok place to start. I usually run on the most stable release, one or two behind the latest build usually, as I can't afford to have it crash on me whilst I work.

When you say crash, does it generate an error message, or just lock up ?
    Are you using any kind of controller with it, or just keyboard and mouse ?

As your sound card usb and running through a hub ?
    Have you got a logitech webcam ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Convert

when it crashes in windows 7 there comes a dialog in germain "warte auf programm" i think on the enlish OS it's called "waiting for Programm" and tracktor in the background gets a white overlay.
    there is no real error message or log why it crashes.

i'm using a Korg - nanoKontrol
    but yesterday it also crashed with an EKS Otus

the EKS was directly connected via usb
    my Hercules DeeJay Trim is also the soundcard.

i just have the built in webcam on my laptop (Lenovo S12)

thx for the support

Hey man, I'm not sure if you've tried it already but try to do the following things:
    disable antivirus/firewalls
    disable internet connection (unplug cable or disable wifi-card)
    stop all other programs you are running (itunes, torrents, microsoft word, etc.)
    then try traktor again.
    If no other applications are running except traktor, there's something wrong with the install. Either you have a hacked version, or you should update and try again. If that doesn't work I suggest uninstall traktor completely and then reinstall, and update to latest - then run traktor & have fun

hope this helps a little

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast