What are some good speakers to do small and big gigs.. ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Behringer B212As are good bang for your money.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Quote Originally Posted by earwax View Post
    check out www.billfitzmaurice.com
    the best sound at the best price as long as you dont mind a little work.
    I have the plans for the Tuba 36 / Tuba 24 and the Omnitop 12 very nice designs... if you have a little experience in speaker building these are great designs... i've been building pa cabs and auto subs for years and these are very efficiency designs.

ID love to have a dozen of the Tuba-39 Cabs and a rack of amps... just to feel the awesome power of horn loaded subs

Ok back to the recommendations..

For passive cabs that are ready to do.... the Yamaha Club V series slam the 15" are really good. Ive also played on a pair of the passive 18" single subs from Yamaha.

If you are looking for powered speakers The JBL ion series works great for a mobile DJ and The Mackie powered subs are nice as well.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

It's not that I absolutely love the mackies, but I've been playing with them a lot lately... they sound relatively crisp and are a workhorse. this is more than what you'd want but I usually play with 4 tops and 2 basses (2xmonitors for DJ, 4xmids for crowd, 2xsubs for crowd) and it sounds great. they are a bit on the pricey side, but you get quality speakers and amps that wont overheat and shut off on you mid party unless you're constantly clipping them for the price. I've used behringers and b52s before and to me they sound a bit muddy. the best thing you can do is take a cd that you absolutely love to the store and hear it on the different systems. same goes for buying studio monitors.
    Technics1200-M5G/DDJ-SZ
    WWW.ARTHURNAVA.COM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12