What are some good speakers to do small and big gigs.. ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are some good speakers to do small and big gigs.. ???

Anybody.. what are u guys using when u do small gigs..and big gigs like weddings.. any advice.. I'm still thinking on what kind of... speakers to get...

Mackie SRM450s!

Tech Wizard

+ a 15" Sub (I'm using DB Technologies Sub 15).

check out www.billfitzmaurice.com

the best sound at the best price as long as you dont mind a little work.

Tech Mentor

it depends on how much money u want to spend if u dont have that musch money go with behringer or gemini also u really want to buy the speakers with internal amplifier so u dont have to carry the speakers and the ampplifiers and plus u save some money lol if money is not a issue go wit mackie,jbl or samson u would never go wrong with them let me know what u decide

hmmmm it depends man... I mean I just want a good hitting system... I only wanna spend less than a 1000 on it... but with good speakers that last..is behringer and gemini good??

I've been checking out those makie's 450's 700 is kinda too much for a speaker.. but at the same time its good quality....

whats like the best speaker with a built in amplifier... I know the makie, behringer, b-52, jbl eon.. has it.. but what other ones have it that are good... just trying to get different opinions..

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go pssl or guitar center to try them out.. and see for myself..

Tech Guru

I've heard alot of people say great things about the B-52 matrix 1000...I think they are fairly cheap (like 700$ US if I am not mistaken) and sound really good.

http://www.b-52pro.com/models/Matrix1000V2.html

EV is very good as well.

Don't sleep on Technical Pro speakers, just make sure you get the poles and the bass bottoms

Tech Wizard

Ive used the B 52's, behringer, Mackies and the Yamaha s115 with a my rp 10s attached and all sound pretty good... Depends on location and how many people etc... I just done some gigs outside, some in a living room, some in a basement, some in bars etc..

I can say right away i always have my skeptics on Behringer stuff. I always hear about their gear wearing out on a lot faster than other manufactures!

My philosophy is the more thump you can provide the better the experience for your clients... Cause when you go to a show, what do you love about a live show?? The heart THUMPING bass!!! It really helps you remember a show...

I like the B 52's for the price... It gives you a sub and 2 monitors that can yell at you pretty good!!

Hope this helped a little bit! If you want more in depth PM me! (sorry on a bouncing train currently)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast