Might have ruined firmware!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Might have ruined firmware!

I might have ruined my firmware... I got to the step where you remove the cable harness and continued until i pressed program flash and everything worked fine. I think i got confused on the last steps. After everything was complete, to see if the computer would recognise the vci with the new upgrade, I assembled it back together and plugged in and powered on my vci to the computer. The computer wouldnt even recognise the usb and no lights turned on! So i took it apart again and tried downloading the firmware with 2 cables attached and my chip still installed because i was somewhat deceived by that part of the video, This never worked either, I enterchanged both ways of installing the update numerous times with both one and two cables attached whiile the back plate of the vci was opened and got farther bad results. Im not sure if im missing something small on the very last step or if i completely ruined my firmware ?? Im am also thinking that maybe my usb connection for my vci wasnt even working during the firmware update process??? Ean do you have any idea of what im doing or did wrong???

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Abryne7,

First of don't panic, the Vestax engineers were smart enough to design the VCI with a separate boot loader area. In plain English that means even though it is dead now we should be able to solve your problem.

To begin with we need to do a little trouble shooting. Can you confirm that the USB port on the PC you are using for the upgrade is OK. Do this by plugging in another USB device and make sure it works as intended, preferably this would be a sound card or another controller, some thing that sucks a bit more juice than a keyboard.

Tech Guru

yes i plugged in my soundcard to the usb i used for the upgrade and the computer recognized it fine

Tech Guru

but the vci still will not be recognized, i hope i never broke the vci some how, i will be crushed...

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Is your computer a laptop?

When you plug the VCI in do any of the led's light up at all?

Tech Guru

yes it is a laptop and no led's light up what so ever

You haven't had any USB driver update since the firmware update?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

I had a usb driver update for my usb to serial cord i recently purchased if thats what you are talking about?

Tech Guru

I tried turning on my vci with the firmware chip attached and also tried turning it on the original way before i started messing around with it. I tried doing this on every usb port on my computer....nothing worked. I checked that all usb ports work on my computer by plugging in my soundcard to each of them. The soundcard works fine on all the ports....

I will try to keep it as short and understandable as possible.

When I updated my PC to Vista, I also updated my mainbord's USB controller drivers.
    This resulted in my USB ports rendering my BCR(MIDIcontroller) useless.

I had the same issues as you have. All devices working, except for my controller.

I reinstalled Vista, left the USB controller drivers update out of the picture, and my MIDIcontroller worked again.

So that's why I asked if you had any USB controller updates before you flashed your VCI firmware.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast