Could I mix at a party gig with 320 kbps MP3 ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Could I mix at a party gig with 320 kbps MP3 ?

Hi all !

My question is about the sound quality of an MP3 in 320 kbps between Wav with a good sound system.

I usualy mix in my bedroom, and I will start little party gig (100-200 pers.).

Actualy, I rip my CD into MP3 320 kbps; there is no difference in my bedroom with my sound system, but I don't know if we can feel difference with a good sound system.

Don't know if it's better to keep wav file ...

Thx for your comments !

Wavs and 320's both sound awesome on big sytems mate. Dont go any lower than 320 with mp3's tho
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Isn't 320 kind of the standard? I know some will only use .wav, but I think more use 320.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

wavs are the best but take up 10x the room of a good 320 mp3. ok if you have the space but not so practical in my book. 320's all the way
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Hehe ok thx for these answers

320kbps is totally enough
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Mentor

320 is fine for all but the biggest systems. I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

Also another advantage of mp3s is metadata - you can't tag wavs.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Wavs and 320's both sound awesome on big sytems mate. Dont go any lower than 320 with mp3's tho
    What he said, anything not 320 begins to suck at a club but there's no need to use WAVs unless you are a kind of "paranoidaudiophile".
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

I'm no geek but personally i buy a lot of music through itunes now and stick with the AAC 256 VBR codec rather than convert to mp3...

AAC is apperently a newer codec than mp3 and is better compressed.

meh

But a load of my music is till 320 mp3 and they are totally fine on a massive system
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

@MaxOne, yeah there's better compression, but you gotta watch out with those VBR schemes, some CDJs (and other brands) are notorious for bad playback with VBR. 320 CBR is safe(r)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast