so i have this 320 kb/song on traktor and the waveform is puny,and a traktor question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default so i have this 320 kb/song on traktor and the waveform is puny,and a traktor question

...I have to turn the gain up a lot (4 i think) for the volume to match that of the other song playing

is there a way to fix this?

I also have a few questions:

1. i know there is some master output horizontal bar along the top of traktor pro, and it peaks read when it well...peaks. Now I read the article on "trusting the levels, would you guys say that is a good indicator? because I am going to run on 2/4 channel external view, and my controller (vci 100 SE) wont have any LED indicators for levels?

2. when i set a loop, i find it hard to get it down exactly on a count (1,2,3,4..1,2,3,4 that is) its ussually a little before or after. is there any way to set it so that it sets the loop to the beat that it is closest to when i activate it?

3.in terms of loops, how do i activate a saevd loop once the songs falls into the loops area?

4. traktor sometimes anlyses the bpm of some of my tracks incorrectly (i know half my dubstep traks arent 70 bpm....) any way to fix this?

5. when i load a track, the gain level seems to be set at its own amount for each track, whats this?

5. any tips in terms of doing a regular transition between songs in terms of how fast (or slow) to move the crossfader?
    ussually i make the transition last about 8 measures of quarter notes (so 32 beats?)

thanks again!!

-Gianmarco
    Last edited by GPS; 06-04-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Yo!

Mp3's are recorded at differant levels...just cuz its 320....doesn't mean it was taken from Wav and cut to 320mp3. It could have been done over and over....no way to tell.
    Best is to buy the MP3 track from a good source.

to answer your Q's.

1) Turn your master level down till you don;t see it in the red. Also make sure your EQ and Gain levels are not boosted. You can always turn up your amp to get volume.

2) You most probably do not have your SNAP and Quantize enabled. Thus you are not getting the loop cut in time. Either that or your grids are off.

3) you need to hit the activate button for the loop to be activated. When the track gets to that point, it then loops until you deactivate.

4) Yes, you can manually edit your tracks and set the BPM.

5) This all depends on you bud. Read a few tutorials and watch a few sets.

Hope that helped!

Working.....so can;t really spend too much time on this.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

thanks for the response

so would u say that small level indicator on the top is good enough to read the levels?

also u didnt answer one of my questions, but its my fault since i messed up on the numbering. it was "when i load a track, the gain level seems to be set at its own amount for each track, why does it do this?"

in terms of ur answers:

2: how do i enable these?

3.would i have to have a preset loop and then activate it when it falls whithin the loop? or can i do it on the fly?

4. where can i do this? also, what if i dont know the actual bpm? one of my crookers song reads as 180 but i know its in the 125-130 range

THANKS AGAIN!

-Gianmarco

Hey.

The Auto Gain thing.....is the Auto Gain. You turn this off in prefs.

In order to work your loops and cues, you need to chow the advanced part of the deck.

watch some tutorials by Ean on his Youtube channel....it will SERIOUSLY explain all you need to know bud!

I DL them and archive them at home. Can pull em out if i am unsure about anything.

There is also the Traktor Bible....

Worth it!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Ok to help answer some of these

In the preferences under Mixer there is a setting to "Set Autogain when loading tracks" that is why your tracks have there own gain set for each track turn that off and you can then do it manually.
    2. Top Center if your using Tracktor Pro there are Six Check boxes. Two of them are Snap and Quantize check these to have your loops Snap to the nearest beat and Quantize will help make all your beatjumping match up among other things. You should really go thru the whole traktor manual and really look thru it all that's what helped me understand what all these things were.
    3. Either before or during your pre set loop if you hit activate it will either activate the loop you are currently in or the next loop that is saved for that track activate can be found a little button next to the in out buttons under the waveform. It can be midi mapped to a button if you choose.
    4. There are whole posts and websites setup on setting up your own beatgrids which is what sets your BPM and why traktor is off. Read up on setting beatgrids. too complicated to really explain here

Hope all this helps

he is mixing externally so that master meter doesnt mean crap

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    he is mixing externally so that master meter doesnt mean crap
    the vci100SE im going to get have no LEDs, and if that is going to help what should i use to reference my levels?

gianmarco

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    1. i know there is some master output horizontal bar along the top of traktor pro, and it peaks read when it well...peaks. Now I read the article on "trusting the levels, would you guys say that is a good indicator? because I am going to run on 2/4 channel external view, and my controller (vci 100 SE) wont have any LED indicators for levels?
    Sorry i misread that, if your using a 2 channel external mixer disregard the bar at the top, if your mixing on your VCI-100 and not using an external mixer then NEVER let that bar at the top peek.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Sorry i misread that, if your using a 2 channel external mixer disregard the bar at the top, if your mixing on your VCI-100 and not using an external mixer then NEVER let that bar at the top peek.
    wat i meant is that i prefer viewing traktor on 2/4 channel "external mixer" that mixer being the vci 100, so ill just use the horizontal bars on the top as my reference then

thanks!

gianmarco

With regards the "puny waveform", try running it through some software called Platinum Notes. It "fixes" tracks really well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast