I need some advice
    Tech Student

Default I need some advice

Hey guys hows it going i am looking to buy a decent package for my house to have some fun with and im looking for good sound i have virtual dj pro 6.1 on my computer and i am gettin a hurcules RMX controller is that a good set up for entry level strictly for fun? also i am looking for a good amp speaker combo and came acrossed this package http://www.123dj.com/packages/pa/geminiblockparty.html

is this a good package or will i be dissapointed with the sound and quality my budget i would like to stay around is $1,000 for the amp and speakers any help would be awesome

Hi and welcome to the forums.

The RMX is well reputed so you should have no problems learning your basics with it and VDJ.

That is a HUGE speaker set up. I hope that you are not putting it in your bedroom! It looks like it would be more suited to a back yard.

Let us know where you would like to use the speakers and we can make recommendations from there.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think the RMX is good entry level setup that can take you to the next level and beyond if needed. I would guess from those speakers you have the idea floating around in the back of your head of playing out eventually though. Maybe some friends parties or whatever. If that's the case the Mackie Thumps have a pretty good reputation and would be about the same price for two. They're pretty big though so if your not thinking about playing out they would be overkill. Tell us your intentions and maybe search for speakers using the search in title only option and you'll see several threads with the same question.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I run essentially the same speaker pakage and have no complaints at all. Other than the one time when I was set up in an arena to play, I have never been lacking in volume. I run a Pyle hybrid pre-amp amplifier in addition to that package. It gives me a master volume control, a crossedover sub output and a couple extra channels to run speakers on. The best part of the setup is the only adjustment I ever need to use is volume
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Tech Student

Hey guys thanks for the replies and advice i ordered the RMX and im still debating the speaker choice this is all for my house parties mainly for my dowstairs onle my house is 3,800 sq ft. do u think with the walls the sound would be affected in the house like i mentioned befor i am looking for good lows and clear mids and highs i am not fimiliar with alot of the brands or packages and have been browsing online thank you for all ur advice in steering me in the right direction...

Tech Student

thanks for the help guys i ended up getting (2) of the peavey PV 215 with a crown xls 1500 amp and a behringer 802 mixer im pretty impressed with the sound quality

Tech Student

I've got a hercules console, didn't end up using it live in the end, I don't think it is the same one, probably an earlier version. Is the RMX the newer slimline silver looking one ?

Tech Student

doctrine.. the hurcules i have is silver rather good size and slim first day playing with it having a blast