can someone explain the inside of my laptop to me? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    not sure about sticking an ssd in there though.
    which aspect? that gap not designed for it? or a driver thing?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    which aspect? that gap not designed for it? or a driver thing?
    I'm thinking a driver thing. if that spots for a hard drive it should be designed to one of the standards. I would poke around on some Acer forums and see what I found. If it can work it should be a noticeable performance gain.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm thinking a driver thing. if that spots for a hard drive it should be designed to one of the standards. I would poke around on some Acer forums and see what I found. If it can work it should be a noticeable performance gain.
    apparently 7 has some optimizations in it to run on ssd, might be a matter of finding a driver online to go alongside it.

just connecting it...

but have found this might be worth saving for, would need to decide between that or a dicer though...

SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

apparently 7 has some optimizations in it to run on ssd, might be a matter of finding a driver online to go alongside it.

just connecting it...

but have found this might be worth saving for, would need to decide between that or a dicer though...
    Yeah I was thinking about something like that. If all your doing is running a Traktor install how much space do you really need? Would need to install the whole OS on the same drive and boot onto that drive when you want to run Traktor?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Would need to install the whole OS on the same drive and boot onto that drive when you want to run Traktor?
    running a dual boot, one normal and one tuned up for traktor. using 12gb total atm between win7, traktor and some random crap that found its way on that partition. so a 16gb would cover it easily, just transfer the stuff over and tidy up the boot menu with bcdedit or easy bcd. as long as i do it all from within this boot and make sure it done right before trying to run tpro boot it should work.

music stored on another partition, which i'd merge with old traktor one for more space (about 50gb total)

SoundCloud

You probably shouldnt be drilling holes in a laptop regardless of if your adding more cooling, im just thinking what will the repairers say if this does break or overheat, there are safer ways are cooling a laptop. see all those vents on the underside of the laptop? they are there for a reason, dont do a whole bunch since they dont have separate fans cooling them, but it is a form of passive cooling. but might i show you this?

this is designed to push cool air up into the vents or drag hot air out of them, it's not cheaper than what ever that thing is but i assure you it works well. safer if it takes hot air out than take in cool air with a lot of dust. also i cant imagine how unstable that would be on a desk not to mention how uncomfortable it would be in your lap

Quote Originally Posted by GXAssassin View Post
    this is designed to push cool air up into the vents or drag hot air out of them, it's not cheaper than what ever that thing is but i assure you it works well. safer if it takes hot air out than take in cool air with a lot of dust. also i cant imagine how unstable that would be on a desk not to mention how uncomfortable it would be in your lap
    yeah, that's what my stand now is designed for, but as it didn't line up properly with any vents i turned it over, for last 9 months or so it's been fine. seen that one, again doesn't line up with anything of use

like i said i think most of it was a huge clump of dust

don't have to worry about repairers, my brother is certified in this stuff, i help him with software he helps me with hardware.

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    hope you weren't under the influence while poking under the hood mate

It's like you are talking about my sex life.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    It's like you are talking about my sex life.
    awww.... i spilled my strawberry milk...

SoundCloud

awww.... i spilled my strawberry milk...

Nothing worse than a milky stain on your trousers. You'll need to change if your going out tonight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast