Some Chords - Deadmau5 - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by verbal View Post
    Ghosts N Stuff kicked ass until he put vocals on it. Just sayin.
    I loved the vocals... Although I did go on to download the instrumentals for DJing purposes... But listening wise I loved the vocals.

Some chords is just another OK track from him. Sounded a lot like ghosts n stuff which is probably his most popular track to date, so I guess it was a good business move to make another electro styled track. I loved the original ghosts n stuff. The Rob swire version was so so... Just seemed like a release for the radio play and money to me.

I've always thought he was a mediocre DJ who has somehow got incredibly famous (no doubt partially due to the mouse head). Saying this I don't hate the guy, I know he's a fairly decent producer and I love how he interacts with his fans. He has webcams in his studio so you can watch (and listen) to him making his new stuff. He often replies to facebook comments too which is a nice touch.

Maybe he needs some 'me time', to make some fresh stuff. All he ever seems to do these days is tour tour tour.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Guru

lol .... think what you want about deadmau5, i don't like most of his stuff either - but flogging him on forums is getting pretty old.

mediocre artists with gimmicks always get the attention in the music industry, while the true geniuses who are pushing boundaries mostly stay underground. this isn't new, get over it.

real artists don't do it for the attention, they do it because they love what they do - some of them are lucky enough to get attention for it which allows them to have careers doing what they love. they're doing fine and will always do fine even if the attention whore musicians are collecting all the accolades.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 06-05-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by verbal View Post
    Ghosts N Stuff kicked ass until he put vocals on it. Just sayin.
    agreed 240%

however im sick of him repackaging the same sound over and over... it was good a couple of years ago, but now its time to move on my friend.

this track is what is wrong with EDM. garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by rami View Post
    care to share?
    Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship fits almost perfectly if you pitch it up/down 1/2 step, just don't remember which way.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    however im sick of him repackaging the same sound over and over... it was good a couple of years ago, but now its time to move on my friend.
    Agree too...

Me and my friend always comment on his use of the exact same drum loop in most of his more well known songs.

When you're in a club and you hear that drum coming in it's like oh I wonder what's coming next. Not that I mind or anything, just doesn't seem very adventurous.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

the hate on this thread=meh. the track isnt all that bad, and i generally like deadmau5 (mostly because he is extremely nice and seems very deserving).

i dont see how this is the problem with edm though. takes all types i would say.

I still don't see what the problem with this track is, it doesn't really do it for me either, and I could same the same about a lot of minimal, deep house stuff, but just because I don't like it I'm not going to trash talk it or deadmau5. I get that it's edm produced for the sole purpose of going mainstream which sucks, if the edm scene blows up and goes mainstream I'll probably bug out. AC slater played where I go to school last week, and I was shocked by how many of my top-40 listening friends were familiar with his stuff. I like how our little niche is somewhat underground, and I do want it to stay that way...Sorry for the little rant, I'm still a tad drunk from last night

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast