Some Chords - Deadmau5 - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I was pretty pissed when i thought my friends and i were the only ones on the planet that knew about nirvana and their first album bleach before it turned into their next album nevermind and everyone and their sister forced grunge into the mainstream.

Didn't change the fact that nirvana still rocked, sub pop records still published great artists, and grunge still had a sound all to its own.

As long as I've listened to edm, and long before it techno and hip hop, i wouldn't be on this forum today if it wasn't for deadmau5 making me say to myself, "maybe i should finally give this music a go," and try my hand at creation.

Simply put, he (and many, many artists like him) breathed more life into an already growing scene, and for that we should all be grateful - whether it's what you listen to on your own time or not.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post

I just can't figure out why exceptional music is ignored just because it isn't instantly recognisable, or because they don't wear a mouse head when they play.

in the battle of us vs. them, we are outnumbered by "them".

"them" likes shiny flashy stuff that they don't have to think about, that they can dispose of as soon as the next shiny flashy thing comes out. shiny flashy things that they can talk about to the other "thems" to establish their status as entitled followers among the heard.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

All cool things experience periods of "in" and "out". Right now EDM and DJ'ing are "in" Give it a year, maybe two (I doubt it'll take that long) and it'll be "out" again. Very few if any of the 16 and 17 year olds on this site that are the future of DJ'ing would be introduced to the scene without this roller coaster of coolness.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

if you cant find good music your going to the wrong clubs! imo
    SmallCup

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Umm.. didn't you make a Mac vs. PC thread?, and then another thread after that arguing about the 13" MacBook Pro not having a new CPU? lol

Quote Originally Posted by rami View Post
    i'd love to hear this
    http://www.2shared.com/file/f3Vg-uKp...me_Chords.html

this is just a rough mix (just a tweaked EQ, no FX, few cue points) but it helps give the gist of what i was trying to convey (IMO it starts strong and finishes with a little less zing for some reason but that could just toally be me, or my mixing lol)

http://soundcloud.com/dj-solus
    -
    Equipment: M-Audio Xponent w/ Torq Software, Akai APC40 w/ Ableton Live 8, Korg Padkontrol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Umm.. didn't you make a Mac vs. PC thread?, and then another thread after that arguing about the 13" MacBook Pro not having a new CPU? lol
    Yes I am. Firstly I would like to apologize if my post was taken out of context and misunderstood. When I made the PC/Mac thread, it was for me to get the general opinion on DJTT users on both. I had no intention for people that prefer macs to fight/rant with those that prefer PCs.

What I am talking about in my post in this thread is discussions that turn into arguments and rants, like what some of this thread has turned into.

I was once an active member in a sites forum for a band I like. A thread started and eventually turned into "the singer or lead guitarist is more popular" and was quickly locked. Stuff like that is what can easily divide people with a shared interest (in this case EDM music). I just don't want people to become belligerents over arguing on whether or not Deadmau5 is good or not.

Again I apologize

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Bah, no need to apologize, you're cool - just giving you a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    I just don't want people to become belligerents over arguing on whether or not Deadmau5 is good or not.
    No one is arguing from what I can tell.
    We're all just sharing our opinions. It's normal and healthy to share your opinions during conversation (as long as you don't dip into the realms of bigotry)

Imagine if we all just agreed that deadmau5 was most excellent, and we discussed what vocals would sound even more most excellent on top of his most excellent choons, and no one had any alternate points of view or suggestions to offer - we'd all be listening to deadmau5, wondering why their was such a massive hole in our souls. Suicide rates would be on the rise. I'd have red hair. Kids would call me ginger.

Somebody hold me.

Tech Guru

hey guys have you heard that new Tiesto song?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast