Some Chords - Deadmau5 - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

how about a live housecat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wMG7Vb75Hg

I would agree that we shouldn't be turning every thread into an anti-Deadmau5 thread, first because he knows what he's doing and is good at it, and second, because there are others that are getting more from sucking worse, like.... um....

LOL

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    Nice in theory, but that's akin to me digging through a mountain of poo, looking for that coveted kernel of corn, and you telling me to enjoy the poo while I do it.
    Yeah, actually I am.

Would you know what NOT to do unless you heard the pap music about? Would you know how NOT to do things? Would the good music be good if everything sounded the same? Would the good music stand out to make it good without the pap music?

It's the 'poo', as you put it, that teaches you more than the good stuff. And the 'poo', is unique to everyone with everyone taking different things from music. Some liking bits, some hating bits, some liking entire songs or sounds and others hating the same thing.

To not wade through everything to discover what you like, what you do not like, what you're aiming to do as a musician and what you want to avoid doing is being a bit narrow minded, in my opinion.

You won't learn things about something unless you delve into all levels, not just the glorified levels. There's tons of what I may think is poor music, but I still listen to it cos it may give me glimpses of something from a good kick drum sound, to a good bass line to sample to an interesting way something is done on the track. Just cos the song is bad overall, doesn't mean it's not worth listening to.

One of jimmy Page's tricks for Led Zeppelin was to listen to classical music, which he hated, and then slow the vinyl speed down with his fingers and then figure out the slowed down riff on the guitar to build a new song from. This is how things like Whole Lotta Love were spawned. Just cos you don't like something overall, doesn;t mean there's nothing to learn or salvage from it.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post

haha noone took the bait.

On a mostly deadmau5 related note, he's in the new DJ Hero game:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...=c7efitd9oq8go

I suppose it's too easy to put iconic hats in these Dj games with daft punk being in the last one. (No hatred for daft punk or deadmau5 here, just saying is all...)

He also does the hand wave thing in the game that some people were talking about earlier in this thead :P
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678