How do you DIG? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you DIG?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Now, after I sort through them and I look at what I have actually saved, and if there's an artists name that pops up a lot I go to beatport and put them on "my Beatport so I can keep up to date on their releases and buy them right away.
    I actually do something very similar but go one step further. After adding the artist to beatport I then check every label the artist has produced for and then check out each artist I can find under that same label. Before you know it there are artist you have never heard before and labels you tend to stick with.

As for the torrent thing well it is what it is. I have found that the quality on torrents is typically around 128k and thats just not good enough for playing. So if I like an artist/track I usually end up buying it.

Banned

The torrents I get are 320, if not FLAC. I'm on a private torrent site though so I'm sure that makes a difference.

And yeah, totally agree with following up on what labels they've released on, another great way to find new artists.

I find myself following labels now more than ever.

Tech Guru

I'm sure I'm going to get crucified for this, but this is how I do it.
    That's what she said.

The torrents I get are 320, if not FLAC. I'm on a private torrent site though so I'm sure that makes a difference.

And yeah, totally agree with following up on what labels they've released on, another great way to find new artists.

I find myself following labels now more than ever.
    whilst the file info may say they are 320kpbs a lot of torrents, blogs etc are 192 or are quite often lower that have been re-encoded at 320.

Banned

I've noticed that too, but it's not hard to tell what's a good file vs a bad file when you've been listening to them for four hours straight

Banned

And like I said, it's a private torrent site and they only let credible people upload torrents to begin with so that helps a lot

Do you actually find anything new that you wouldn't find by sorting by date & genre @ beatport and listening to?

Tech Guru

Also sorry for misspelling the title with Hoe meant to say How I wrote this at like 4 am and was very tired but thank you all for all the great ideas on how to discover new artists. If only I could do all these things with like 10 of my friends doing there with me being able to go ohh man that's hot but listen to this... man I miss the record store vibe

some good ideas in this thread.

my room mate has demonoid, this is definitly making me jealous

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    I use Beatport, search through music forums such as glitchhopforum.com and I'm also subscribed to about 5 blogs organized through Google Reader. This gives me about 50+ new posts every week to read through and though lots of it is you can still find some gems.
    Mind sharing which blogs? BTW google reader is an AWESOME idea I just started a "Music" folder thanks
    DJ: Numark Total Control, Numark DJ/IO Sound Card, Gemeni PMX 60 Mixer, Ipod Touch, Traktor LE
    Production: Sony Acid Xpress 7.0, Audacity, Anything Free

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast