How do you DIG? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How do you DIG?

Tech Guru

Sorry if you were joking I myself seem to be surrounded by people you were imitating and it drives me crazy :P

Tech Guru

is anybody going to see DJ Torrents at Mario Land Desert Level nightclub tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    My artist name is "DJ Torrents" and I play with the "David Guetta DVS"
    LoLz
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    is anybody going to see DJ Torrents at Mario Land Desert Level nightclub tonight?
    Yeah, I'll be playing with some fellow djs there: DJ Rap-idshare and female DJ Meg-upload. We will be launching our most successful party to date: "If it's free it's for me" sponsored by our kind friends at www.zeropaid.com We'll be also promoting the (e-) book "How to manage your gazillion tracks music library that you downloaded in two weeks with Guetto DVS without running to all the hassle to actually having to listen to them" wrote by Ghetto DVS expert John Blogs.

See you there! Don't forget to bring your USB sticks to swap your favourite tunes with other clubbers around, we'll have a dedicated server for that!
    Last edited by pepehouse; 06-13-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

And don't forget, every song download enters you in the 1000 free computer virus' give away.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Maybe I just have more patience than others, but I've always found a lot of my really good tracks by literally sorting through 15-20 pages of new releases in a specific genre on BP. The top 10 lists are garbage most of the time, I think I've only bought one track off a top 10 list in the last 3 years. I do also follow a bunch of specific producers and labels. More often than not though, I'm going through every new release put out in the last 3 days searching for gems.

What's getting tough now is that I've (recently) been buying from Electro House, Techno, Tech House, Breaks, Indie Dance / Nu Disco, and Drum and Bass, so it ends up taking a LOT of time to dig through all those areas. My efforts are usually rewarded in the form of a bunch of new tracks that probably no one has heard of or played, and will rock the dancefloor.

Tech Guru

I know most people would say top 10 lists are crap but there are many times I like a few tracks in the top 10 more so the top 100 am I the only one or should I be looking for un-played tracks I mean I wanna dj in clubs that's what my end goal of all this is so anyone have advice?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I like some of the top 10 stuff, but I still go through the pages and pages of new releases when I have time.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I know most people would say top 10 lists are crap but there are many times I like a few tracks in the top 10 more so the top 100 am I the only one or should I be looking for un-played tracks I mean I wanna dj in clubs that's what my end goal of all this is so anyone have advice?
    It depends on the club you are going to play, I'm an underground guy but I keep a folder of updated clubby-vocal-house just in case, I try to get tunes that I don't hate and they can dance to.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345