how to write a presstext?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how to write a presstext?

i got asked to spin at a samll festival here in germany and the booker told me to send him some pics, mixes and presstext. i never wrote one. so i ask u if you could help me out to write a good one

edit: or at least give me a good point where to start
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 04-20-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

do a google search on how to write an artist bio. that will get you started. its pretty easy. focus on your accomplishments and what makes you different. who you have played with and what big events have you played.

Tech Guru

I would just say get it in quick hahaha. I had to do that for a festival and I lost one of my spots cause it took me so long to figure out what to do lol.

slightly OT, where and when is the festival?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    slightly OT, where and when is the festival?
    i second that. with a little bit more information i could guide or help you through the creation of a presstext. I once went to a design school and we talked about that topic once or twice.

It all comes down to how you want to portrait yourself. Like in a more serious way, or in a more underground way. Either way you would promote yourself way differently.

Most of the times its important to give raw backround information like how and where you´ve grown up, than theres the obvious musical background and any additional info like beeing part of the internets greatest community. So it could be roughly as:

" Earl Panda grew up in a Zoo near you. With the innocent age of only a few month a visitor left his keyboard near his cage. That was the beginning of a trip with yet unseen dimensions.

After several years of training in youth-clubs and behind closed doors, he left his first mark in the club scene of his home town, gaining reputation for being able to rock a party with only his breathtaking pandaboard and a bcd3000.

After leaving what will never be the same, he took all his belongins and is now coming straight for your crowd. Be prepared to whitness the one and only... Earl Panda. Please dont bring any Bambus."

or anything like that or completely different, idk
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

the festival is called freakstock and it´s on the last weekend of july. it´s a small festival for 3000-5000 people near kassel. it started out as a punk and hardcore festival with a little focus on drum and bass. these days they also set their focus more on techno/mnml as well as dubstep (still it is the smallest part of the festival). important to mention that it is a christian festival for the so called "jesus freaks-movement" (i was working years for a youth club run by salvation army and jf thats why i got asked)...so i think the press text wouldn´t have to be that serious (as long as there are no swears in it)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm a photojournalist by trade so I have to write those from time to time for the contests the paper enters my stuff in. To me it seems like I'm just bragging about myself and my accomplishments, but to others that have no idea who you are it's the only bit of info they have about you. I find it easiest if I separate myself from the whole process and pretend i'm writing it about someone else. Maybe imagine your trying to convince some kids to go see your good buddy spin, but they have no idea who he is. What would you tell them?

Tech Mentor

sounds like a really cool festival. ive played at big christian fests in the past, always a great time. i mean always.
    just include your djing experiences and such. you should be alright. it seems that they already want to book you, so it isnt like you have to sell yourself.

finally i can present u what i wrote... glad they told me not to change it
    german:

Ed Paris, geboren in Frankreich. Während der Zeit Ludwig des 14. war er als DJ (Dienstjunge) am Hof des Königs angestellt. Das stank ihm ziemlich und er haute ab. Nach Jahrhunderten des Herumirrens fand er seinen heutigen Kumpel Dubstep. Seitdem ziehen sie zusammen durch die Clubs und lassen es bei tiefen Bässen, üblen Synthies und geballten 140 Bpm derbe krachen.

english:

Ed Paris was born in France during the time of King Ludwig in the 14th century. He was working at the kings court as the DJ (German: DienstJunge = servant boy), but he didn’t like it at all, so he escaped. After hundreds of years he found his buddy Dubstep. Ever since they travel from club to club to make epic clubsessions with deep basses, wicked synthesiser-sounds and concentrated 140Bpm.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    Ed Paris was born in France during the time of King Ludwig in the 14th century. He was working at the kings court as the DJ (German: DienstJunge = servant boy), but he didn’t like it at all, so he escaped. After hundreds of years he found his buddy Dubstep. Ever since they travel from club to club to make epic clubsessions with deep basses, wicked synthesiser-sounds and concentrated 140Bpm.
    Ed Paris and his Panda Keyboard. Enough said.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast