I want to use a MICROPHONE!!! Help please.

Default I want to use a MICROPHONE!!! Help please.

So this is what i'm working with. sony laptop, traktor, vci-100, audio 4, and the B-52 matrix 1000 speakers. How can i incorporate a mic to my setup?

Thanks in advance.

you need one of these:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDYQ8gIwAQ#

then:
    1. plug the rca end into one of your inputs on the audio 4 (doesn't matter red/white/black/yellow, just remember the number of the input).
    2. go into traktor pro preferences, and go to Input Routing. select a deck you won't be using ("Channel A" is Deck A, etc. - if you're using all the decks all the time, read the next setup option), and set it to the input you're using.
    3. now set the deck you're using as your mic input to "Audio Through" by clicking on the arrow below the letter on the deck frame.

as i was writing this, i realized a small problem in this method that *may* arise, and that is the mic needing a pre-amp to be at the right level. if you run into this issue, here are a few solutions that may solve it:

1. set the Input Mode on the Audio 4 to Phono. this may amplify the input enough to be at the right level.
    2. use the gain knob on the mixer in traktor (on Internal Mixer Mode), to boost the level as much as you need.

option 2:

using a broadcasting program like Nicecast, you can set up a mic ("Voiceover") to go along with your mix.

1. follow step 1 in the previous example.
    2. open nicecast, then go to Window->Effects
    3. click an open box "click to insert effect", and then go to 4FX Effect->Voiceover
    4. select Audio 4 as Device and then set the Source to the input your mic is running in on

this is a really cool plugin because of it's adjustable ducking parameter.

hope this helps
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

that, or you could get a cheap yamaha mixer, and plug your audio 8 into that, as well as a mic, then go to your matrix 1000

thank you hipnotikk. I think I'll try the first option.

Tech Guru

another option is upgrading to an external audio interface that has mic inputs as well as a input monitor feature for live playback thru the output.

Problem with that rca to xlr cable is that you'll probably end up with output just on one side of your speakers. You can get splitters to get around this, or if your sound card has a mic in, it will usually create stereo channels from the input automatically.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Is it possible to route through the built in mic input into traktor whilst using the audio 4?

Dunno, but maybe?

EDIT: I don't think you can, just had a look with my AK1. Obviously the AK1 has a mic input mind
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

hmm doesn't look too good 4 me.

Just use a splitter to get the mono into two channels using the cable that was suggested, and all will be fine:-

www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Or you could get the Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer, and it has PHANTOM POWER, which you may need....