Audio 2,4,8. How do they compare. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Also the Audio 8 has Midi In /Outs. Useful for adding controllers etc.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Any spare line in on the mixer will do..
    Correct and the reason line is bold is because there is a difference between line and phono. Use the line input or it will sound like crap.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Right, i'm going to mix internally like I do at home, obviously ill need one of my outputs from the audio 2 to cue, hoe will i connect the soundcard to the speaker system with one output left?

select out 1/2 in prefs as your master out, 3/4 as monitor. Run the master to a channel on the mixer, run the monitor to another channel, with the volume right off and the cue button on (on the mixer) That way you can plug your phones into the main mixer and monitor off that.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

They're stereo outputs... 1/2 + 3/4, even though there are only two outputs, there are actually 4.

Where do you plug in your headphones at home? In the Audio 2? Just do it exactly the same but run the other audio 2 output channel to a single LINE in on the mixer...

Before you start, turn the volume on the mixer down, but make sure its getting signal, should have leds on it.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

If you want to record within Traktor but with a midi mixer (like the DJM-800 or something) do you still have to have an Audio 8? I was under the impression it would simply control Traktor like any other Midi controller.

Tech Guru

So if I have the Audio 2, can i use one of the outputs to my headsets and the other to a PAIR of MR5s? if so, how? some splitter cable?

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    So if I have the Audio 2, can i use one of the outputs to my headsets and the other to a PAIR of MR5s? if so, how? some splitter cable?

-Gianmarco
    I just asked this question in a thread about 2 months ago. I am connecting an audio 2 to MR5s with this thing which was recommended to me by somebody from this site who's name I can't recall (sorry :P).

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodID=1699

Make your master output either A or B. Whichever output that is, put in your RCA you got in the box of the audio 2 and connect that to the convert box. The convert box turns the unbalanced signal from the RCAs into a balanced one. You need to purchase 2 XLR cables, both with a male and female end. Connect the XLRs to the box and each XLR goes to one speaker. Incase you didn't know, you also need to power up each speaker but they come with a power cord each so there are two cords into each speaker. Turn everything on, plug in your headphones to the other channel in your audio 2 which is your monitor, and then you are done.

When I get my table in I'll take a pic of my set up so you can see (it's what I explained with an apc40 and an lpd8).

Only downside I find is that the RCA cable is kind of short, because you need your sound card very close to your set up so you can plug in your headphones into one of the channels if you are mixing internally. In other words, you gotta be really close to a mixer because that's where you would hook up your set up in a club (just in one of the mixer channels).

I don't know if you can buy extra long RCAs...I might be looking to buy some of those just in case.

edit:

pilmat helped me out getting this going and setting up, so big thanks to him.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    I just asked this question in a thread about 2 months ago. I am connecting an audio 2 to MR5s with this thing which was recommended to me by somebody from this site who's name I can't recall (sorry :P).

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodID=1699

Make your master output either A or B. Whichever output that is, put in your RCA you got in the box of the audio 2 and connect that to the convert box. The convert box turns the unbalanced signal from the RCAs into a balanced one. You need to purchase 2 XLR cables, both with a male and female end. Connect the XLRs to the box and each XLR goes to one speaker. Incase you didn't know, you also need to power up each speaker but they come with a power cord each so there are two cords into each speaker. Turn everything on, plug in your headphones to the other channel in your audio 2 which is your monitor, and then you are done.

When I get my table in I'll take a pic of my set up so you can see (it's what I explained with an apc40 and an lpd8).

Only downside I find is that the RCA cable is kind of short, because you need your sound card very close to your set up so you can plug in your headphones into one of the channels if you are mixing internally. In other words, you gotta be really close to a mixer because that's where you would hook up your set up in a club (just in one of the mixer channels).

I don't know if you can buy extra long RCAs...I might be looking to buy some of those just in case.

edit:

pilmat helped me out getting this going and setting up, so big thanks to him.
    the guy at GC said i cna use a splitter 1/4 inch cable, splits to white and red...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wir...54-i1170946.gc

-Gianmarco
    Last edited by GPS; 06-18-2010 at 09:39 PM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    the guy at GC said i cna use a splitter 1/4 inch cable, splits to white and red...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wir...54-i1170946.gc

-Gianmarco
    You can but it will be an unbalanced signal. The convert box turns it into a balanced one from the RCA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast