Audio 2,4,8. How do they compare.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Audio 2,4,8. How do they compare.

As I cannot seem to find something like this. I thought it would be a good idea starting a thread comparing the three. Not only spec-wise, but things like "buy this one if you are doing xxx", "Pros and cons" and such.

your thoughts?

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

I think they are the same sound quality wise but

audio 2 = just for controllers, no dvs
    audio 4 = controllers and dvs but only 2 decks
    audio 8 = controllers and dvs and 4 decks

other than the size of em physically i think thats it...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I just came here to ask about the audio 2 because ive got my first club gig at Mass in august and although i've used it at house parties without any hassle I'm slightly daunted about how to hook it up to the club mixer. Would you recommend me doing this or should i mix internally if i have previous experience with club mixers?

What would you normally do? Mix internally or externally? Both are straight forward to set up with an audio 2 i'm sure. same as any other sc...
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Internal, but i want to get the feel of using more hardware. It's just a bit daunting :S

do what you feel comfortable with man... there's no difference in terms of what the punters will notice between you mixing internally or externally. None!

Unless you're using an Oxygen 8 style mapping that is designed for a club mixer then what is the point?

some can argue about the feel of buttons or what have you but it makes nearly zero difference when it comes out a club / bar system.

Ah right, so how would i set up internally? what do i plug into the soundcard? Sorry for so many questions

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Take the RCA's out from the back of a CDJ your not going to use anyway and that's your path to the mixer. I think you'll need a 1/4 to female RCA cable to do it this way. If you have access to the back of the mixer you can unplug the CDJ from there and use the cable that came with the Audio 2. Doesn't the Audio 2 come with a 1/4 to male RCA cable?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Might want to give this a read as well.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/2...dj-essentials/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Any spare line in on the mixer will do... you dont have to unplug the cdj. if it's a 2 channel mixer then you might.

what does your audio 2 plug into at home? i presume you have the 1/4" to RCA cable right? the RCA goes into one channel on the club mixer. that's it.

make sure you locate the master volume on the mixer as well as the gain and volume for the channel you are going into. I'd also flatten the eqs on the channel you're going into

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast