New Faderfox Range is out. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    I'm a bit disappointed in the new ones. I'd like to see how well the FT3 works at some point if I have the money lying around, but I would have liked for the LD2 to keep existing.

  2. #12
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    So that means he's given up on supporting Ableton Live with his controller line?

  3. #13
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    I was thinking the same however, it does say "First 5 new micromodul controllers of 3rd generation are available (DJ3 / DX3 / DL3 / FX3 / FT3)"
    Maybe a hint at another set for Live?

    Would seem short-sighted to just concentrate on Traktor (type programs).

  4. #14
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    So that means he's given up on supporting Ableton Live with his controller line?
    No, there's one that's supposed to be a 4-deck controller for either (I think it's the only one that mentions Live directly). And it's not a horrible controller, IMHO. It's just not what I'd want if I were going to buy something like that.

  5. #15
    Tech Guru sj03w4t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    854

    Default

    That FX3 looks terribly interesting, thanks for the heads-up.
    But I think NI has a huge advantage over this unit with the X1. shiny lights. And the size, I assume the X1 is a little larger, yet still portable. And more affordable. And it's not (nessisarily) midi which basically means more accurate.

  6. #16
    Tech Guru mostapha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    That FX3 looks terribly interesting, thanks for the heads-up.
    But I think NI has a huge advantage over this unit with the X1. shiny lights. And the size, I assume the X1 is a little larger, yet still portable. And more affordable. And it's not (nessisarily) midi which basically means more accurate.
    Based on discussions of mapping the x1 for use with Live, that's actually not true…some of it is significantly less accurate, probably to make those knobs do something very specific with Traktor.

    I'd argue that it's indicative of bad coding practices, but I don't actually care. Just don't buy into the marketing bs of "it's not just midi, so it's better" because that's not always correct.

  7. #17
    DJTT Ninja Mod tekki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Afterhour Ali's lap
    Posts
    11,358

    Default

    Wow! Finally the USB connection for teh faderfoxes!

    Loving the FT3 btw!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

  8. #18
    Tech Guru sj03w4t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Based on discussions of mapping the x1 for use with Live, that's actually not true…some of it is significantly less accurate, probably to make those knobs do something very specific with Traktor.

    I'd argue that it's indicative of bad coding practices, but I don't actually care. Just don't buy into the marketing bs of "it's not just midi, so it's better" because that's not always correct.
    Well, mapping the X1 for Live is done through X1's midi capability. The native mode for Traktor is (I believe) HID which is more accurate than midi.

  9. #19
    Tech Mentor Glen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    296

    Default

    I wish it had the 5 pin midi, so i could just put it thru my pad kontrol...

  10. #20
    Tech Guru sj03w4t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Well, I suppose there are more people with USB ports than people with MIDI ports. But then again, maybe both could have been implemented.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •