New Faderfox Range is out. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm a bit disappointed in the new ones. I'd like to see how well the FT3 works at some point if I have the money lying around, but I would have liked for the LD2 to keep existing.

Tech Guru

So that means he's given up on supporting Ableton Live with his controller line?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I was thinking the same however, it does say "First 5 new micromodul controllers of 3rd generation are available (DJ3 / DX3 / DL3 / FX3 / FT3)"
    Maybe a hint at another set for Live?

Would seem short-sighted to just concentrate on Traktor (type programs).

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    So that means he's given up on supporting Ableton Live with his controller line?
    No, there's one that's supposed to be a 4-deck controller for either (I think it's the only one that mentions Live directly). And it's not a horrible controller, IMHO. It's just not what I'd want if I were going to buy something like that.

That FX3 looks terribly interesting, thanks for the heads-up.
    But I think NI has a huge advantage over this unit with the X1. shiny lights. And the size, I assume the X1 is a little larger, yet still portable. And more affordable. And it's not (nessisarily) midi which basically means more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    That FX3 looks terribly interesting, thanks for the heads-up.
    But I think NI has a huge advantage over this unit with the X1. shiny lights. And the size, I assume the X1 is a little larger, yet still portable. And more affordable. And it's not (nessisarily) midi which basically means more accurate.
    Based on discussions of mapping the x1 for use with Live, that's actually not true…some of it is significantly less accurate, probably to make those knobs do something very specific with Traktor.

I'd argue that it's indicative of bad coding practices, but I don't actually care. Just don't buy into the marketing bs of "it's not just midi, so it's better" because that's not always correct.

Wow! Finally the USB connection for teh faderfoxes!

Loving the FT3 btw!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Based on discussions of mapping the x1 for use with Live, that's actually not true…some of it is significantly less accurate, probably to make those knobs do something very specific with Traktor.

I'd argue that it's indicative of bad coding practices, but I don't actually care. Just don't buy into the marketing bs of "it's not just midi, so it's better" because that's not always correct.
    Well, mapping the X1 for Live is done through X1's midi capability. The native mode for Traktor is (I believe) HID which is more accurate than midi.

I wish it had the 5 pin midi, so i could just put it thru my pad kontrol...

Well, I suppose there are more people with USB ports than people with MIDI ports. But then again, maybe both could have been implemented.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast