Cup on Traktor PRO!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

yeah ive tried different ways also, cant get it to work with my evo 5. the only thing to do now is just push down and hold, release when u want to play.

modifiers are driving me nuts also!!!! all i need is a basic example, manual doesnt do much in explaining it well.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

yea they took out the cue play instant, which does suck somewhat, but its not the biggest issue i have. for me, when i try activating the gater effect without a sound source, link it to one of the decks, it does a gater to static noise. weird shit.

theres also the issue with the loops of under 1/2 beats, i think NI put a feature where traktor decides when to punch out of the loop.
    Last edited by Walidism; 11-06-2008 at 03:51 PM.

have u read this? http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...7&postcount=26

it took me 3 times to begin understanding it, but its there, all the info u need, and there is an example in the end to, just do it and u'll get it down eventualy
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

That cup shit really bugs me as well...
    I was hoping someone had a midi work around

Tech Wizard

Default Possible Solution or Workaround!

First off have to thank DJ ToS for this idea!
    (see his comments in the video - “how do I work this thing?”

Here are the controls:
    - Cue/Loops: Jump to Act CUE (TRIGGER)
    - Transport: Play/Pause (DIRECT - ON, Button Options - ON )

NOTE for Play/Pause: Make sure you have set "ON" in the Button Options Dropdown otherwise this will not work

Bind both to the same button.

------------
    Update: Work around issue!
    Please see my next post for info (scroll down)
    Last edited by Fresh; 11-07-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: UPDATE: Workaround issue!

Tech Convert

Yes yes yes yes...WORK!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

GREAT JOB!!!

ThankYou!

ok let me give it a try thx!!!
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

sweet!! it works great thanks guys!! im loving PRO!! i think it was all the excitment of it coming out that i rushed into setting it up but i got the modifiers working and notice this is pretty powerfull software!! great job NI!!!

im gonna post this on the ni site if its not on already

Tech Wizard

Okay, after playing with the workaround, I've discovered an issue with it.

When you load a song into TPro it automatically drops an "active cue" at the beginning of the song (beginning meaning any blank space or actual notes etc). Now if the song that you loaded also has a "load cue" in it this is where the issue begins.

If you are starting your song with either TPro's Play/ Pause or CUP command the "active cue" will jump to the same place as the "load cue" and start from there.
    But with the "Jump to Act CUE" workaround the song starts at the "active cue" TPro placed at the beginning of the song instead of at the "load cue".
    Now this make sense since the workaround is using the "Jump to Act CUE" which is designed to start at the first "active cue" available.

But when you look at how this all works in T3, you will notice that when you load a song that has a "load cue", the auto cue that T3 would normally place at the start of the song jumps to the same spot as the "load cue" and the song starts from there.

Not sure why they would change this.

So the workaround for the workaround looks to be using "Select Hotcue" instead of "Jump to Act CUE". With Select Hotcue you can choose a specific cue to use. Only downside is if you use it the way I do to trigger repeat the start of song you have to make sure all your load cues are on the same cue slot.

God, i miss the old days of just putting the needle on the record.

LOL!!!oh well what can ya do?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast