Newbie & Used VCI-100SE
    Tech Convert

Default Newbie & Used VCI-100SE

Hi,

About a month ago I decided to purchase a midi controller to DJ with (mainly for home use and an occasional small gig), after reading a ridiculous amount of reviews online I was only a few clicks away from purchasing a Hercules RMX. Then I stumbled across DJTT, which I just have to say is a damn good site

After reading through Ean’s updates and some of the forum I was quite easily persuaded to purchase a VCI-100. I was all set to purchase a bog standard silver VCI when I realised there’s a black version, then after further investigation that there was a limited number of SE’s too.

I managed to win an SE on ebay for £245, still waiting for it to arrive, but I’ve got a few questions…

Will I need to update any firmware?

Will it need some sort of servicing? If so does DJTT offer this?

Have I over paid for a 6 month old second hand unit?

First of all, welcome to the site

I will try to answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    No, the SE wil have the 1.3 firmware and will work right out of the box. That said, if your planning on using Traktor Pro it wont work right away, the guys are stille working on the tsi file. It will work perfect with Traktor 3.3 or 3.4

No real serivces needed.

No, it sounds like a very good price.

Tech Mentor

Hi,

About a month ago I decided to purchase a midi controller to DJ with (mainly for home use and an occasional small gig), after reading a ridiculous amount of reviews online I was only a few clicks away from purchasing a Hercules RMX. Then I stumbled across DJTT, which I just have to say is a damn good site

After reading through Ean’s updates and some of the forum I was quite easily persuaded to purchase a VCI-100. I was all set to purchase a bog standard silver VCI when I realised there’s a black version, then after further investigation that there was a limited number of SE’s too.

I managed to win an SE on ebay for £245, still waiting for it to arrive, but I’ve got a few questions…

hey first of all congratulation and welcome to the community.
    pretty much flaekiface answer all the question that u had!!

BTW you were the one that won the vci i was wondering about that i was about to buy it but i already owns 2 vci lol

oh and before i forget about it u just need to upgrade something on your VCI SE just buy the jogs grips from the shop

anyways enjoy it

are you sure it was an SE? I have not seen any on ebay (especially not at that price)

there are however some black ones up there from japan. Please keep in mind they are not SE unless they say dj TechTools on the unit

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    are you sure it was an SE? I have not seen any on ebay (especially not at that price)

there are however some black ones up there from japan. Please keep in mind they are not SE unless they say dj TechTools on the unit
    yea i think it was the one from this thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...hlight=selling

no body bid on it and the reserve was like 400 so he bid at the last moment

all make sence his ebay name is SAWALOY and on here jus SAVVY so no doubt it was him lol

Tech Convert

Hey Flaekiface, thanks for answering my questions.

luigislaperig; as for the savvaloy, yep thats me Can't wait for it to arrive...

It's an early christmas present from me, to me

Tech Mentor

Hey Flaekiface, thanks for answering my questions.

luigislaperig; as for the savvaloy, yep thats me Can't wait for it to arrive...

It's an early christmas present from me, to me
    im always right lol JK u should buy the JOGSGRIPS from the store they are really useful

Tech Mentor

Welcome to the forums! That's an awesome price you paid btw. I'm so envious =/

Yeap.. that's the one I was going to buy.. until he beat me to the bid...
    Auction ended about 3am my timezone, So I was definitively asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by luigislaperig View Post
    yea i think it was the one from this thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...hlight=selling

no body bid on it and the reserve was like 400 so he bid at the last moment

all make sence his ebay name is SAWALOY and on here jus SAVVY so no doubt it was him lol
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin