Help with cue mappings.
    Tech Wizard

Default Help with cue mappings.

Sorry for bringing up what must be a topic that has been done to death, but i have searched and cant find what im looking for.

Traktors various methods of handling cues is hurting my brain.

So, i use hot-cues on the 4*4 grid of buttons on my padKontrol. With 8 buttons each triggering cues 1 to 8 for decks A and B. This is done using "Select/Set + store hot cues."

This works, but problems occur when the accidental triggering of a pad who's hotcue is unmapped, causes a random cue point to be dropped. This then means when i go to use that button, it jumps back to the new (unwanted) cue.

I have been trying to get it so that a button press will only trigger a cue if it exists, and then use a modifier key to change in to dropping cue points. But this, (along with the ability to jump to a specific hot-cue without playing it - this i also need), i cant seem to work out.

Below are all the cue mapping options. Unless im turning blind, i cant find one that does what i require.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I could be wrong, but I think you'll just have to be careful about what buttons you push.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think you'll just have to be careful about what buttons you push.
    Easy to say. But when your in the club its a different matter entirely. Mainly because the buttons are fairly sensitive.

The jumping to a specific hotcue without playing has been a pain in the ass for more people here, to a certain extent for me too. I hope NI fixes this some day.

Your first question: I don't have an answer to that, sorry. I couldn't find it in the list either. Not sure how to fix this

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    The jumping to a specific hotcue without playing has been a pain in the ass for more people here, to a certain extent for me too. I hope NI fixes this some day.
    Just reading this I thought up a possible solution. You can actually duplicate the track to another deck (eg Deck C or D) and then edit the cue points with that other decks volume turned off and when you delete a or move a cue point in the copied track, it also deletes on the other track in realtime!